FDM 3D Print Cain Robocop 2

It was in the comments section on the YouTube link:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/JIUY-Portable-Screen-Display-Generation/dp/B087C48JW6/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=jiuy+portable+size+1.8”&qid=1590649129&sr=8-1

apparently it “has the game function, very entertainment” 

Edited by The Chief Smeg

• 5 months later...

Hey Everyone,.. 

Sorry my Cain project kind of too a back seat over the summer I've been doing a lot of work for an RC Company here in the u.k.
Called L&L Models if your into RC then you should definitely check us out!

L&L Facebook Group

L&L Models Website/Shop

Example of something I was working on below,.. 
spacer.png

I've done some more on Robo Cain

Completing the Left arm,.. 

With a small modification,.. 

spacer.png

Ever since looking over the instructions at the start I wasn't happy with the idea of elasticated/rubberised bullet chain,.. 

So I set about re-creating a more realistic look 

Modeling a single cartridge in keeping with the original puppet version but with a hole through each cartridge and picture wire fed through enabling it to be bent any and which way I thought looked best,.. 

And here's the Finished result along with some updates of the Build!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by DWaz Modeler
  • Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey I am still here! haha

Sorry poor Cain has just sat in a box ever since,..
I started to also do printing for myself and L&L as well as some 3D Model work 
I also had to go back to my normal work! :( 

working in the airport industry and being one of the strongest employees I was doing about 50 hours a week 
as well as everything else,..
I've cut down my hours now and i hope to pick this project again soon!

if anyone wants to get hold of me my Facebook is here!

MY Facebook

• 1 year later...

Hey Everyone,.. 

It's been a while!,.. so long I can't remember my original log in so I'll carry on the topic under this profile 😅

I'll give picture updates shortly,.. 

after becoming a manager working 45/50 hours a week at that and trying to run a design and printing business from home Cain kinda took a back step,.. 

a few months ago I gave up the printing business (just too time consuming) 

My Nephiew found my FDM model and to say he's become a little obsessive over Cain is an understatement,.. he's 7,.. yeah try explain that to his School 😅

he kinda reminds me of me aged 11 when I first saw Robocop 2 so he has kinda motivated me to carry on with this one,.. 

another niggling issue I had with the fdm model was after using a Resin based printer for printing the detail was 1000x better than FDM and I felt that the one model I always wanted as a kid could be made so much better in SLA, I went with an Elegoo Mars first to hone my skills with,.. but printing all Cains parts would have taken an age,.. 

So I upgraded to a Saturn S 

I was also not happy with a lot of the parts designed for FDM so after collecting tons of images from the Chronicle studios version which were moulded from the original Phil Tippet masterpiece,.. 

because the sla version can print at such a high level of detail I've gone through the model adding the bolts, cap head bolts, etc 

and intersecting parts that I felt didn't need to be split,.. 

I'm almost upto where I was before with the FDM but in SLA so will update with pictures shortly! 

Sorry this has taken an age! 

David 

A.K.A DWaz Modeler

Edited by David Warren