Home made spray booth lighting upgrade

HoolioPaulio

I say spray booth, its really just a cardboard box to catch over spray, as I only shoot non-toxic acrylics I don't need fume extraction.  And yes I wear a dust mask so I'm not breathing in the paint dust that occasionally wafts out on bigger jobs.  Anywho, this was the previous lighting, which was always in my way whether I was painting or not

Q1P4b6E.jpg

And its been upgraded to LED strip lights around the opening, powered by an old router power supply with a switch on the side for convenience

P3FxIve.jpg

• Like 2

• 8 months later...
1 hour ago, Henrik Esping said:

Have you put the strips on some kind of angled piece of wood?

Near enough.  I didn't have enough wood so I use the little bits I had to make 45 degree angle brackets for some thin strips of perspex sheet which the led strips are glued to.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HoolioPaulio said:

Near enough.  I didn't have enough wood so I use the little bits I had to make 45 degree angle brackets for some thin strips of perspex sheet which the led strips are glued to.

Thanks! The family moved from house to apartment a few years ago, so most of my tools and "bits and pieces" of wood/plastic/metal never made it here, unfortunately. So now I have to make do with what I have. One idea I'm thinking about is to use a short piece of plastic cable cover, the kind you hide cables in. Those come in angled shapes and are easily available and rather cheap. I'll come back to this topic with a pic when I'm done.

• Like 1