Hawker Horsley

Martian

3 hours ago, 72modeler said:

Good to hear you're still with us, Andy- are you and yours OK in Bomber Country? (You are not, by any chance, working on a certain twin-engined RAF/RAAF torpedo bomber at the moment? Just askin'- I thought I felt a disturbance in the Force just now!)

If he told us that he would have to kill Baldrick.

Martian 👽

• Haha 3

58 minutes ago, dogsbody said:

Sorry! I've missed a day or so on this topic. I have that Aeroplane Monthly article, if anyone wants a scan.

Chris

PM Sent.

Martian 👽

1 hour ago, Martian said:

If he told us that he would have to kill Baldrick.

I realize I am a relative newbie on this website, so you will have to excuse my ignorance, as I have not had the privilege to have exchanged nearly as much snappy banter and repartee as the rest of you 'regulars,' (I'm beginning to realize that term doesn't even begin to describe what goes on here!) but I just gotta know- who the hell is Baldrick?)😷 Clever Covid-19 use of the facemask emoji!

Mike the puzzled

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Martian said:

Baldrick is Blackadder's side kick.

Gotcha! "I'll take obscure British TV series characters for five hundred, Alex!" 👍 We will now resume the regularly scheduled insanity!

Mike

• Haha 2

There is also an article in the "Torpedo Bomber Colours" series in Airfix Magazine. I've loaded it to Firefox Send and will PM the download link.

but I just gotta know- who the hell is Baldrick?

Oddly enough these were the exact words uttered by his father upon hearing of his offspring's unplanned arrival into this vale of tears (actually, it was more along the lines of 'what the hell is Baldrick? both equally applicable)...

I'll also see if I can dredge anything up on the Horsley for you Martian.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, general melchett said:

Oddly enough these were the exact words uttered by his father upon hearing of his offspring's unplanned arrival into this vale of tears (actually, it was more along the lines of 'what the hell is Baldrick? both equally applicable)...

I'll also see if I can dredge anything up on the Horsley for you Martian.

Thanks General, anything will help. The kit landed at Martian Towers a few minutes ago. I just await a few odds and sods that I ordered for it and we are good to go.

Martian (Still reeling from the question "Who is Baldrick ?" and Blackadder being referred to as an obscure British TV series) 👽

• Haha 4

Still reeling from the question "Who is Baldrick ?" and Blackadder being referred to as an obscure British TV series

Yes, that completely threw me too.....honestly, these blasted colonials...what they need is a few installments of Sir Henry at Rawlinson End, that'll learn 'em...

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, general melchett said:

honestly, these blasted colonials...what they need is a few installments of Sir Henry at Rawlinson End, that'll learn 'em...

To tell the truth, General, since the demise of Monty Python, Benny Hill, and Simply Fabulous,watching re-runs of Dr, Who and Fawlty Towers just doesn't cut it on BBC America...now if they would re-run A Piece of Cake, I would be glued to the telly!

Mike

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I particularly remember Michael Hordern as the Butler.

Yes indeed...the late great Michael Hordern, one of my favourite comedy moments involved him as Ludicrus Sextus in the hangover scene from Up Pompei...how many of us can relate to this...pure bliss.

Fair enough Mike, I'm not sure how the Young Ones, Bottom and the Adders Black would go down out there now but thankfully they're alive and well here...well, in this household they certainly are :winkgrin:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, 72modeler said:

To tell the truth, General, since the demise of Monty Python, Benny Hill, and Simply Fabulous,watching re-runs of Dr, Who and Fawlty Towers just doesn't cut it on BBC America...now if they would re-run A Piece of Cake, I would be glued to the telly!

Mike

A Piece of cake has recently been shown on Forces TV , if you have free view you might pick it up there. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, europapete said:

Being out in the colonies, the only way I can get Bottom is on YouTube. 

Clearly George Washington has a lot to answer for. I always knew that 1776 business would come back to bite you on the, err, bottom. 

Martian the Sage 👽

• Haha 3

49 minutes ago, general melchett said:

There really is no adequate answer to that...

I wasn't going to touch that one with a three-meter pole, either! 😷 (Got my mask on, just in case!)

Mike

• Haha 3

On 09/05/2020 at 20:27, general melchett said:

Fair enough Mike, I'm not sure how the Young Ones, Bottom and the Adders Black would go down out there now but thankfully they're alive and well here...well, in this household they certainly are :winkgrin:

I was given to understand that most of them actually live at Melchet Towers or at least in the grounds.

Martian 👽

• Haha 1

I was given to understand that most of them actually live at Melchet Towers or at least in the grounds.

Ah, you've rumbled me Martian, tis true, all, bar Edward Elizabeth Hitler and Richard Richard live in the servants quarters below stairs as these two are both condemned to the potting-shed (so named for obvious reasons), due to the extraordinarily high level of damage the pair inflicted upon the property during the local peasant-culling event held at last year's Old Harrovians reunion in the Victory Gardens here at Melchett Towers.

• Haha 1