Avro Lancaster Dam Buster 1/72 Revell motorized-flashligthing

( Farmerboy) I said to put the piece of music " Dambusters"but it's so lukewarm that it doesn't fit into such a "brave" historic aircraft. The epic sound of this particular piece with the pipes and drums is as close to the  title  "Scotland brave" as it is to the whole picture, after all,in crews certainly had Scots and that music style I suppose belongs to the generally UK coultoure. I dont follow anyone nationalism and other contemporary expediencies.

Edited by nikos

Interesting. It's always nice to see a Lanc.

The Royal Air Force March Past would perhaps have been a more appropriate piece of music? And that post-war Mustang is definitely trying to steal the show!

I found this about the lights. The only problem is that I followed the Revell's manual instructions where they are down of right wing.

An other modeller opinion:

"l  I may be able to help. On each of the wings at the ends are the navigation lights at the front of the end of the wing and the formation lights at the rear of the end of the wing.
The 2 lights close together on the left wing are bomb aiming lights. They are used to show the altitude for bombing... they would be set at a certain angle and switched on when aiming the bombs. When the plane was too close to the ground the lights would cross and the bombardier would see 2 illuminated circles on the ground.. if they were too high same effect. Only when the aircraft was the correct height above the ground would the 2 circles overlap. This would look like a single circle on the ground.
Also on the lancaster at the bottom of the fuselage behind the bomb bay and wing root their are 3 downward identification lights... self explanatory what these are for.

Hope this helps... I have been studying this aircraft for a while and I am currently building a 1/10th scale. ..

....and an other

I have a set of drawings by A. Granger from the Aerodata book 'Bombers of World War II'.
On this drawing the lights are exactly as you describe them, yes they pivot down.
There are other lights but these are the only landing lights shown.
Have built 2 Lancasters before, both smaller than the one you have planned. 

Edited by nikos

About the music I listened and RAF song. It is comci-comca. I liked the bagpipes. Ιt is also a matter of personal taste. Others would definitely like other types of music. I liked that. Don't I have the right to choose as creator? For Mustang I put only in diorama because I have nt other fighter wwII and only for comparison the sizes. The other show time I 'll have built an RAF WWII fighter . 

Cheers

Nikos

• Like 2

Your model is quite nice. I like the motorized propellers. Was that hard to do in 1/72 scale?

(SAT69) The difficulty except of quality of model kit is the phase of  simultaneous assembly and gluing of many things at a given time. You have in your mind the whole plan, that is, to stick and of course not to forget anything. If the model does not fit well in some places, start after tests to stick where the application is perfect. Step by step. So that you can handle it in your hands. If you saw in work  in progress some point, everything was hanging. So you have to be able to put them together in order, without mistakes.

Edited by nikos

• 2 weeks later...