Chieftain Mk5 two day (ish) quick build

When this whole lockdown started i thought that one positive to come of it would be more free time to get on with some builds. In fact quite the opposite happened. My output fell to nigh on zero, I started a Tamiya Tiger 1 which would usually take a week or two and its sitting there unfinished after 6 weeks, So in an effort to try and bump start things I dug out a half built very basic tamiya kit and decided to set a little challenge and see what I could do over a few nights. I wanted to test out a few things so the kits not anywhere close to where id like but i feel it has definatley got me back in the game so to speak.

STAY SAFE ALL!!

20200506_152045 20200506_152131 20200506_152014 20200506_152145 20200506_152135 20200506_152008

Edited by Red Five
  • Like 49

4 minutes ago, FrancisGL said:

Very nice finished, the crew is a nice addition, I would love to have some man in mine ...

Cheers and TC

Francis :goodjob:

Thanks. They came with the kit. It was like £20 very basic and half was built when I was very new and very badly done haha. Hence the quick build. Throw it together as a bit of a challenge. Cut corners and details like vision blocks etc are poor but meh. I've got a 1/32 mustang and a leopard 2 a7 meng kit to put actual effort in to 

• Haha 1

At the risk of repeating what's been said; Great looking Chieftain and the figures really bring it to life.

Really nice work

Atb

Darryl 

• Thanks 1

TWO DAYS!!! I'd still be thinking about cutting the first parts from the sprue after that amount of time. But that aside, you've done a great job on an old kit. Many a good tune etc.

John.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

TWO DAYS!!! I'd still be thinking about cutting the first parts from the sprue after that amount of time. But that aside, you've done a great job on an old kit. Many a good tune etc.

John.

Thanks. I was the sum total of two. A few nights over the week. Just blasted through to see what I could get done and reinvigorate my desire to model. It seems to have worked.  Made a start on a leopard 2. 

3 hours ago, ijs302 said:

very nice classic kit great figures ,even if i worked 48 hours non stop i couldn't get it finished that quick

ian

ThanksThe turret was built already in fairness from years back. So badly done too 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Terry1954 said:

Excellent build. As @Bullbasket suggests, I would still be ferreting around in the box in the first two days!

Superb standard of modelling.

Terry

Thanks. It really helps that the old cheaper tamiya kits have like 8 parts 🤣 

Update. Gave my dad this one. As hes always shouted at folk "you can fit a bloody chieftain tank through there" when hes driving.....something I've gladly taken to saying too. He was over the moon with it. 

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/7/2020 at 11:43 PM, Red Five said:

Update. Gave my dad this one. As hes always shouted at folk "you can fit a bloody chieftain tank through there" when hes driving.....something I've gladly taken to saying too. He was over the moon with it. 

A dead cert for anyone ex BAOR having had the opportunity to drive armour on the open road. 🙂

• Like 1

I like your style, vehicle larger than vignette base. The composition makes sense regardless of turret direction. What you said about output vs free time, I think there's an inverse relation as a result of diminished urgency but I speak for myself on that.

Great model of an awesome vehicle,

Cheers,

Ernst.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DAG058 said:

Lovely! That's a cracker for a speedy build. The weather looks great and I like the base. The fingers are great too, that tash...

The rash was a little addition from me. Thought it was very 70s and fitted well haha. 

• 1 month later...

I don't know what to say.......two days :gobsmacked:.....i wouldn't have even managed getting the wheels together in that time ....that's stunning and the quality of the finish is outstanding...hat's of to you sir. 

• Thanks 1