This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

2 hours ago, John Laidlaw said:

Oh, absolutely - but without the collaboration, the speed of development remains the same as for any vaccine. Let's hope a vaccine isn't rushed out before being fully tested.

According to that world-renowned scientific power-house Trump, shining UV light into your body is the best cure..... And people actually voted for that over-sized Muppet?!

Chris.  

3 hours ago, spruecutter96 said:

According to that world-renowned scientific power-house Trump, shining UV light into your body is the best cure..... And people actually voted for that over-sized Muppet?!

Chris.  

Easy Tiger.  We don't want to go down the politics route.  No matter what we think of him. :hmmm:

Incidentally, I was wondering why Tom (we're on first name terms) was so interested to take the substantial risk of going up on a Space X rocket to the ISS for a film.  I'd imagine he'd have to sign some pretty hefty wavers, and I doubt any insurer would cover his life and any potential losses from the project failing after a fatal accident, so what's his motivation?  Could it be to do with Scientology?  Might he be planning on having a "visitation" from the "All-ness of All" (The author of the universe), or having some kind of communication with L Ron's Thetan essence in a new astral body, or wherever he decided to set up shop after "discarding his mortal body" aka dying.  I can't see how he could pass that opportunity up, or at least get the Church (I use that word in the loosest manner) to fund it for decades of "messages from space" from little Tommy for the acolytes.  he does know he can't run in space, doesn't he?  Some people will believe any old guff if it suits their world view or addiction to drama. :mental:

I feel my comment was more a reflection on modern dumbness than politics, to be honest, Mike.

Chris. 

Edited by spruecutter96
Amending information.

On 9/16/2020 at 10:26 AM, spruecutter96 said:

How much would we have to pay him to stay up there for good?

Chris. 

Should we start a whip round??? 

On 9/16/2020 at 10:26 AM, spruecutter96 said:

How much would we have to pay him to stay up there for good?

Chris. 

8 hours ago, cngaero said:

I would say, Yes, we should. 

Chris. 

12 hours ago, spruecutter96 said:

I feel my comment was more a reflection on modern dumbness than politics, to be honest, Mike.

There's certainly a lot more of that than I'd previously thought, but the T word always brings in the politics.  As sure as eggs are eggs :owww:

Let's just let the subject lie, Mike. As you have rightly inferred, political arguments can cause a lot more hassle than they are worth. 

Chris. 

29 minutes ago, spruecutter96 said:

As you have rightly inferred, political arguments can cause a lot more hassle than they are worth. 

They're awful... I can't imagine how Moderators in political forums cope with it all :puke:

50 minutes ago, Mike said:

They're awful... I can't imagine how Moderators in political forums cope with it all :puke:

The thing that really puzzles me is that any political comment carries with it the implication of "this is the ONLY possible opinion to have and anyone who doesn't believe this must be mad!" NOTHING in life is ever that black-or-white - there are a thousand shades of grey between the two extremes. No political viewpoint is always correct. Anything created by humans is inherently flawed, because people are flawed. It's just part of the human condition - we should get used to it.

I often think that people are prepared to shout from the rooftops because it makes them feel more "significant" (whatever that's supposed to mean - I've certainly never worked it out). All the political chest-beating you see is essentially powered by folks' egos. I believe that the human ego is one of the most corrosive and destructive forces in history. 

Chris. 

1 hour ago, spruecutter96 said:

I believe that the human ego is one of the most corrosive and destructive forces in history. 

Too much of anything is a bad thing.  Anyway, we've successfully derailed the original topic, so we'd better hush up and let them get on with laughing at little Tommy's hubris :)

Back on topic

Will they use the Airfix Saturn V or the Revell one? :hmmm:

15 hours ago, cngaero said:

I think there are special forums for that sort of thing  :hmmm::winkgrin:

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Too much of anything is a bad thing.  Anyway, we've successfully derailed the original topic, so we'd better hush up and let them get on with laughing at little Tommy's hubris :)

Message received and understood, Mike. 

Chris. 

1 hour ago, Black Knight said:

Back on topic

Will they use the Airfix Saturn V or the Revell one? :hmmm:

Saturn V? Such a small thing for such a big actor?😁  I think only this will suit him:

1015360-22045-34-720.jpg

.....and Dark Helmet

for safety!

😁

B.R.

Serge

6 hours ago, Black Knight said:

I think there are special forums for that sort of thing  :hmmm::winkgrin:

I thought I recognised your name. Your secret is safe with me 😁