Well I went and did the squiggles or should I say blotchy squiggles. I'm afraid my tremor was not only shaky, it was jittery as well. So this is the best I can do for now.

I might see if I can touch them up a bit when I have a better day. 

Ju 188A image 8

• Like 5

I like this build a lot!  :thumbsup:

I did for a while have one of these, I think I may have sold it, though I still have the E model which is awaiting conversion to a Ju-388.

This is probably of no use to you, but I found it in a book I have, "German Airborne Torpedo Operations in WWII" from Hikoki. It shows one of the the line up you have of Ju-188's after they were captured. This probably accounts for the missing 20mm cannons in the noses! The other photo of interest is the one of the Ju-188D with the radar antenna, looks like it was taken at the same place. Though in a Czech book I have the same photo is listed as a Ju-188A-3 with FuG200 fitted!  Seem this is as clear as Luftwaffe colours!!! 😆

Ju-188A%20extract-XL.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks Rich 

I have this book. I might do as it GT in your profile. I was going to do it as BR which is second in line, but that has aerials while your GT doesn't which would make mine more correct.  I'm not 100% happy with the squiggles  but may have to live with it. I was getting very jittery in the vertical plain which meant I couldn't get an even flow.

A bit disappointing for photos, however with my eyesight it still looks good to me when I stand back a bit.

I'm going to have a go at making my own decals for the codes for the first time.

I have found a font and the decal Film and Testors sealer is coming.

Well the squiggles are completed. They are looking a lot better. I went over most of them and put more on which looks closer to the real thing. Now I want for the decal Film to turn up. 

• Like 1

On 6/21/2020 at 10:11 PM, Greg Law said:

I'm afraid my tremor was not only shaky, it was jittery as well. So this is the best I can do for now

That actually may be an advantage when doing mirror-wave camouflage. Shes looing good btw Greg.

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle

1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

That actually may be an advantage when doing mirror-wave camouflage. Shes looing good btw Greg.

Believe me it is not an advantage. It causes me a lot of stress.  It is looking better now.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, franky boy said:

Nice work Greg

Those squiggles really look the part. This is making me want one!

James

Thanks James. Gets it's clear coat today ready for decals. I tried to undercoat the torpedos yesterday which didn't go well. This kit's sprues seems to have a lot of mould release in places.  So if you have a go with it give it a good  clean. 

I will be delayed getting the decals on because the decal Film got sent to the wrong address. Still it is only the codes, so I can get the rest on. 

• Like 1

Finally got the torpedoes painted with dark aluminium.  I will do the front section in steel. I not sure that the propeller was brass. I sprayed the exhaust parts with exhaust colour metal paint.

The main decals are on and my code ones have been printed.  I just need a few days for sealing them before I put them on. 

Today's work was small parts. The exhausts were painted and attached. I attached the lower gun parts and windows. 

I managed to install the wing light glass. This was difficult as it may be better to put it in before closing up the wing halves.

I had to reduce it and had a bit of luck getting it in the right place without loosing it in the wing. However it was more luck than anything.

Tomorrow I should be able to added the housemade decals.

I also completed the Bf 109E-1. 

• Like 1

Today's work was about installing the guns. The front gun is particularly difficult because I used the Eduard PE for it's supports and cut off the  boxie back of the gun so I could install the PE hand grips. The barrel was replaced with a brass one. I also filled the opening in the canopy with my Bondic UV glue This was done by placing masking tape over the outside of the hole then flooding the hole from the inside. I did two layers to ensure the glue set with the UV light. Once that was done I was able to remove the moulded cover and drill a hole in it for the gun barrel. I will paint it a canvas colour. Once I was sure the hole was right for the gun I used Krystal clear to glue it back in place.

The first top gun was installed using the Eduard internal ring. I drilled the barrel of the kit gun. 

The main top gun had been build earlier. It's barrel was replaced with a brass one as well.

I'm very pleased with the overall look of the plane and will do an image tomorrow. 

• Like 1

That’s looking really nice Greg. It’s takes skill and guts to tackle that scheme, seems you have a good dose of both qualities. Well done mate. 
Cheers.. Dave 

• Thanks 1

Thanks guys. 

The canopy is now closed up. Not to bad a result. The next thing is to get the gear on and some minor bits and pieces. 

I should have this done by the weekend. Touch wood. 

Then I'm onto the Battle of Britain GB and the Ju 88A-1.  This means I'm book ending the Ju 88's operational development. 

The Ju 88A-1 was the first to see battle and the Ju 188A-1 was one of the last. H1-GT was one of the last Ju 188's. 

• Like 1

Early progress today. Gear and bits and pieces are on. It's ready for the final semigloss coat, but that will have to wait a few days as it is too wet here at the moment. 

Last time I semigloss coated in this weathering I had a major problem. 

• Like 2

Well I'm a little bit behind at the moment.  Still, tomorrow I will be able to semigloss it. I'm happy with it even though the yellow edges on the 'G' are hard to see as expected.  The inkjet printer isn't the best at those colours when you use clear film. I still have to put the brackets on the front of the cockpit which is going to be difficult. That happens after I remove the canopy masks. 

Getting close now. The canopy masks are off. Looks great. Unfortunately I did get some fogging on the lower panels of the front canopy. I'm calling it Norwegian frost. 

However it is mainly on one side so isn't to bad. 

Wow!! thats turned out great Greg, lovely paint job and canopy framing. She sure looks the part, all dark ‘n nasty and very sinister looking. 
Cheers and well modelled.. Dave 

• Thanks 1

This is the completed model. I'm only a bit disappoint about the fogging in the lower front canopy. I will do good images next week for the gallery. As you can see the light isn't good enough at the moment.

If you look closely I managed to get the sights on the guns. The gun barrels on the front and turret guns are brass. 

Ju 188A image 12

Ju 188A image 14

• Like 5