Tamiya 1/72 Messerschmitt Bf109E-4

Evening all,

Hot off the bench is build number 11 for the year, the lovely little Tamiya 1/72 Bf109E-4. Finished with Hataka Orange Line paints as usual, I added some Eduard seat belts whilst the main markings come from an Xtradecal sheet, otherwise it's OOB. W&N Galeria Matt varnish to finish. 

49860595952_d785ba7c07_o.jpgTamiya 1/72 Messerschmitt Bf109E-4 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

49860595072_7c7e078575_o.jpgTamiya 1/72 Messerschmitt Bf109E-4 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

49860594717_73f662409c_o.jpgTamiya 1/72 Messerschmitt Bf109E-4 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

49859747048_66bb2da641_o.jpgTamiya 1/72 Messerschmitt Bf109E-4 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

49860593737_8a38e523c8_o.jpgTamiya 1/72 Messerschmitt Bf109E-4 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

Thanks for looking, comments welcomed as always

Cheers

Shaun

• Like 35

Wow!

That result is something I will continue to aspire to, even if I can't quite get there.

I'm very much the Emil fan too, which is another inspiration.

👍👍

• Like 1

Beautiful!  I've got one of these in my stash... currently working on Hasagawa Bf-109G's... they're really nice kits. Can't wait to see how the Tamiya one stacks up!

• Like 1

You're producing some really nice stuff Seamus. Really like the subdued weathering. Please keep them coming. That Tamiya kit looks like a real gem - need to pick up a couple.

• Like 1

That's a very fine model... I keep getting tempted to try one of the "bigger" scales, when I see some of the photos on here, but then I see things like this and realise it's my skill that's the limiting factor, not the size!

• Like 1

Thank you all for the comments, very humbling and much appreciated :)

19 hours ago, FlyingBagpipe said:

Stunning, how do you get the yellow so bright and pristine.

I'm fairly new to this and messed up the yellow painting on my last german aircraft build.

Do you paint it white first and then yellow?

I always used to base yellow with white, but since I changed to Hataka Orange Line there's no longer any real need- here I simply sprayed the yellow first over Tamiya Fine Grey Primer, building the opacity up gradually with no problems whatsoever.

2 hours ago, Seamus said:

Thank you all for the comments, very humbling and much appreciated :)

I always used to base yellow with white, but since I changed to Hataka Orange Line there's no longer any real need- here I simply sprayed the yellow first over Tamiya Fine Grey Primer, building the opacity up gradually with no problems whatsoever.

Thanks, i will look into those paints as currently using Vallejo Model Air

• Like 1

Well done Shaun and equally impressive is that your 109 is number 11 on the year.  It`s not difficult to see that you have spent your down time most wisely!!!!! :clap2:

Mike

• Like 1