Grumman Gosling

Hi all

Hope you are all well and able to stay safe.

I have had this one on the shelf of Doom for a while and inspired by others on here with their shelf of doom builds I decided to finish this off.

I started this last year as part of the Flying Boats and Floatplanes GB II but did not finish in time.

This is the AZ \Model 1/48 Grumman Gosling.

Here is the link to the started GB thread

Built OOB with the addition of new scratch built seat frames, Consul above windscreen with throttle levers, Aileron actuator levers, ring aerial, hand grabs and cleats.  The kit is brush painted as usual with Humbrol enamels and washed with Oils.  The rigging and aerial wire is invisible thread.  For a limited run Kit it was an enjoyable build.

3e874ffc-c242-45ee-b801-acb1532a47bc.jpg

48865e19-74fb-469c-833a-bf55276fa7d9.jpg 

9c98fa14-a78a-4fe2-ae14-1a5f72ac9ab6.jpg

8707f4d7-d8f8-46b4-a15c-27b03b0941dd.jpg

I was going to do the props as they would have been in wood below however did not think this would have been like this at the time used by the FAA

d61c1921-d79c-462b-a889-fa8bf05900bb.jpg

049ee88e-c436-42fc-8bd2-475be49c9bbc.jpg

8e74d103-d50f-4b94-b16e-ce39ab63af2c.jpg

I wasn't happy with the colour of the roundels being a bit too bright, but did not have anymore and I have already bought too many goodies recently !!!  Apologies for the dust , it happens when you are doing building work unfortunately.

96f78b97-834d-498a-b79b-4de5cf1e514c.jpg

2590aa64-4769-40c0-8183-1ab66350e1db.jpg

Hope you enjoy

Stay Safe and all the best

Chris

• Like 32

Nicely done Chris,.... love the props, you probably could have kept them like that,.... and you`ve got the camo off to a tee,..... what a nice little run about eh? I have the larger Goose part started,...... you might have started something now!

Cheers mate and stay safe,

Tony

Edited by tonyot
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, junglierating said:

BZ to you 👏 I have always fancied doing the little airfix kit but I find it bloody it a bit of a crocodilapig..but maybe in a seascape....any way nice rendition

Thank you for your kind comments, I have a stalled Airfix kit and it's the undercarriage that lets it down makes it look wierd, a floating Gosling diorama would be good.

2 hours ago, Lightpainter said:

I like it!

Excellent job!

Thanks Lightpainter, very kind of you.

2 hours ago, trickydicky210 said:

Lovely Gosling Chris, you have done a fabulous job

cheers Rich 

Hi Rich, hope you are well fella, thank you for your kind comments.

1 hour ago, tonyot said:

Nicely done Chris,.... love the props, you probably could have kept them like that,.... and you`ve got the camo off to a tee,..... what a nice little run about eh? I have the larger Goose part started,...... you might have started something now!

Cheers mate and stay safe,

Tony

Thanks Tony, I was tempted but then thought I had better paint them up, the kit is actually very nice for a short run kit.  Ooooooooo I would like to get a Goose and have as FAA machine, they would look great on the display shelves when the Mancave is done (not long now).  Go on and get on with the Goose fella and stay safe too.

1 hour ago, ForestFan said:

Great job, not something you see built often, I like this a lot!

Thanks ForestFan, very kind, you don't see many, and this is why I started it but  it stalled with other builds, the house etc .  A lovely enjoyable kit.

1 hour ago, Antti_K said:

Stunning work Chris! I like this a lot.

One of these flew in civilian markings here in Finland and I'm tempted to buy this kit.

Cheers,

Antti

Thanks Antti for your kind comments, it is a nice kit, go on treat yourself.  There are some nice ones on the web, a search for the Widgeon will be more Fruitful though.

41 minutes ago, RMCS said:

Superb 

Thanks RMCS, very kind.

27 minutes ago, russ c said:

Excellent work, looks superb!

Thanks Russ very kind of you.

Thanks folks I hope you are all able to stay safe.

All the best

Chris

• Like 2

Lovely work Chris, and your first pass at the propellers is impressive. They would look really cool on the model. 

Cheers,

Wlad

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Harold55 said:

Beautifully done!  I have the Widegon by Classic Airframes in the stash but did not realize they flew with the FAA.  ThIs scheme looks great.

Thanks Harold, there are a few  bits of info on the FAA Gosling but not that much quite a bit on the Widgeon though, there is a link to some kindly provided plans on the WIP page above that were very helpful during construction.

8 hours ago, Wlad said:

Lovely work Chris, and your first pass at the propellers is impressive. They would look really cool on the model. 

Cheers,

Wlad

Thanks for your kind comments Wlad, I did like the look of the props.

7 hours ago, Dunny said:

Lovely finish Chris! :clap2:

Thanks Roger, very kind of you.

3 hours ago, 85sqn said:

That's absolutely wonderful. Nice one!

Thank you 85sqn very kind

3 hours ago, Alpha Delta 210 said:

Beautiful Gosling, Chris. The wood-effect props would have looked cool (accurate or not!!)

Thanks AD210 very kind, I did umm an arr about the props but went this way in the end.

Thanks all, I had better get back to work now, lunch over. 

Stay safe

All the best

Chris

Edited by bigbadbadge