`Tiny Tim` A-1J Skyraider, 602nd S.O.S, Nakhon Phanom, RTAFB

Howdy All,

Hope you don`t mind me subjecting you to yet another Skyraider ( I got a thing about Skyraiders ), so here`s some pic`s of my latest effort:

ocWVBNa.jpg

Another go at Tamiya`s 1/48 A-1J kit

OGj7EDQ.jpg

Finished to represent `Tiny Tim` of the 602nd Special Operations Squadron at NKP Thailand around 1969

LbQzOTl.jpg

Been wanting to do a Black Bellied Spad for a while but have already done the one in the kit options and have been waiting for some after market subjects to come out.

IvDPpj7.jpg 

So having waited and waited finally decided to try hand painting some markings and find the rest from the kit and the stash

MJBbIri.jpg

Based on what few photo`s I could find on the subject, apart from the markings, added a few improvements.......

0SZXQU0.jpg

.......such as: whip aerial, ignition harness, brake pipes and some yellow canopy handles 

F6a6YzF.jpg

Also added some landing lights on the wing tip undersides that USAF Skyraiders seemed to have had, the extra gun pod came from the spares box.

lRaXnjN.jpg

Hope I haven`t bored you too much and you enjoy the pic`s

Thanks for looking 

Cheers Russ

• Like 68

3 hours ago, russ c said:

Hope I haven`t bored you too much 

It's a Skyraider, you can never have enough!

superb build and finish - thank you for taking the time to upload & share with us

• Thanks 1

Cracking build Russ! Another superb addition to your green/brown/green collection 😀  I like the Skyraider - last of the piston warriors. I always wondered what is hidden there in the deep fuselage behind the pilot besides the massive fuel tank?

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Kampartiger said:

That's a great Skyraider.I guess it's everyone's favourite and none of us will get tired looking at it.

It would be great if you can paired it with a Cambodian Spad!

Thanks, actually I have toyed with the idea a few times, so you never know.

cheers Russ

4 minutes ago, Toryu said:

Cracking build Russ! Another superb addition to your green/brown/green collection 😀  I like the Skyraider - last of the piston warriors. I always wondered what is hidden there in the deep fuselage behind the pilot besides the massive fuel tank?

Thanks, I don`t think there`s very much on H`s and J`s, but earlier versions had a radar/radio operator in there and his gubbins.

Cheers Russ

Another cracker there Russ, quite unusual to see one without the Stars and Bars.  Black bellied SEA aircraft always stand out as something special.

Superb mate.

Phil

• Thanks 1