1/35 Land Rover conversion Israeli David with EJAB

Finally I think I’ve mastered posting images.....Those who know me from before know I’ve a bit of thing for Land Rovers . My latest build is a 1/35 scale build of an Israeli David Land Rover . Theses are essentially armoured bodies that drop on to either the 110 Land Rover body or the Toyota vehicle chassis .The Armoured body’s are manufactured in the USA by MTD and have gone through various transformations with single rear doors double rear doors etc ..

The base kit used was the hobby boss 110 I used the rsov version as it gave me the left hand drive variant I was looking for .

the interior was a left over black dog snatch that was left over from another project . 
The black dog resin interior was really warped and not at all square but as I wasn’t going to have the doors open it didn’t matter too much .The rear end was cut short to expose the rear cross member as per the original vehicle and the side lockers covered with plastic card . The top image gives you an idea of what I’m aiming for .
spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 5

With the basic inside sorted with plastic card and super glue it was time to sort out the sides .. initially the sides looked fairly straight forward however after studying numerous pictures and making measurements it’s seems there are various angles which needed to be taken into consideration. It took three attempts to get it looking somewhat like it should .

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 6

It'll be interesting to see how this one progresses as it's like a modern day version of the Israeli Improvised Armoured Car that I did a while back, based on the M3 Scout car.

John.

This is the second draft of the body ..really wasn’t happy with the angles etc so I  started again . As an aside the Land rovers used are TD5 versions with aircon. This needed a new front grill part making and the distinctive bonnet bulge . Wasn’t too worried about the bulge ad it’s covered in chequer plate .spacer.png
spacer.png

• Like 2

The third rendition of the body I was much happier with angles are better and the body height reduced.Also the roof taking shape the front has a fairly complex rise and fall . 

spacer.png

• Like 4

Moving forward a fair bit now . Now that I’m happy with the overall shape I cut out the windscreen and started to add detail . All windows will be double glazed so to speak as per the original vehicle . Added some chequered plate to the bonnet again checking ref these appear to either be a solid kit or random added strips . 

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 5

Moving on a pace now . The more I look at different vehicles they are all a little different which is a little tricky but I’ve decided to chose the bits I like and. Go with it. Scratch built a raised air intake again these seem to be of different types.. and the  first Layer of armoured glass added to the rear .

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 4

And moving forward..roof bars made and fitted more wiring and the EJAB antenna test fitted to the rear .. electronic jammer anti bomb . The wheels are also a bit of an issue as it runs on bead lock wheels which are different to the normal Land Rover version after a bit of head scratching I used the Toyota wheels from another kit with Land Rover tyres shoehorned on to the rim the bead lock were added with 15 0.5 bolt heads added to each wheel not at all tedious.spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Crikey that's some excellent scratch work! 

From first glance at the initial picture it looks typical Landrover but modified, clearly once you get into it it's anything but!

Tremendous job, glad I came across your build.

Good luck

Darryl 

Moving forward with this now details being added all scratch built ... search light added and plunged moulded a cover for it .. also starting a base for it .spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 7