A Little Star Wars Fun For May The Fourth...

Taking a break today from my Tamiya Tomcat to celebrate Star Wars Day with my first figure model since doing a few when I was a kit.  

This is Bandai's 1/12 Imperial Stormtrooper.  It went together out of the box in about an hour and looks nice enough.  But on close inspection it shows it's simple construction and movable limb with lots of ball joints where human joints should be.  I decided to make this trooper a post-Return Of the Jedi trooper now just trying to make his way in the galaxy.  This would be roughly the timeframe of The Mandalorian and he is trying to make a name as a bounty hunter...

I filled in the joints and all other black areas with milliput in an attempt to give the appearance of some kind of jumpstuit garment under the armor.  the armor around the abdomen is also replaced with a miliput garment.  I'll be scratch building some suitable accessories for a bounty hunter and his armor will be painted in a scheme a little less conspicuous.  

It's been a fun build so far...very different than aircraft modeling.  

spacer.png

Our (anti)Hero straight out of the box eager to volunteer for some typical Imperial turkey shoot.  

spacer.png

spacer.png

Some of the joints, revealing the more toylike aspect of the kit.  

spacer.png

Starting to fill in with milliput to make it looks like armor over a jumpsuit.  The milliput sculpting got easier as I went and was an enjoyable way to spend an afternoon with Star Wars on the TV.  

And l here is the day's progress on my Trooper turned Bounty Hunter.  I also worked on some weaponry...he has quite the arsenal, which I can hopefully reveal with the competed model tomorrow.  But for tonight he is mostly painted.   Another coat on the gray jumpsuit under the armor tomorrow and then on to some weathering and a little color for some bounty hunter flair as well as his accessories and weapons..  A man's got to look the part after all...

spacer.png

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, rockpopandchips said:

Looking good so fat.

What are those leg warmers for is he off to do a bit of yoga, 😄

LOL.. The ankle joints were particularly toylike.  More like an action figure than a real model.  After a few attempts at making them look better I decided on covering the whole damn thing with what I prefer to call gaiters than leg warmers.  Though I must confess the same thought struck me.  

• Haha 2