PZL.43A | Mirage Hobby 1:48

On September 1, 1939, six PZL.43A aircraft prepared for shipment to Bulgaria were unpacked and assembled. Some of these planes (4?) were sent to the Bielany airfield , where on 4 September 1939 they were taken over by pilots of the 41st reconnaissance squadron of the Modlin Army. These aircraft performed reconnaissance and combat flights, attacking columns of German troops in the area of army operations. However, all of them were destroyed by the Germans. The last of them crashed on September 12, 1939, during landing at the airport in Brest on the Bug, the aircraft was already damaged after being shot at by Messerschmitt Bf 109E. This is the machine depicted here.

Incorrectly turned Polish chessboard on the wing is correct - mechanics were in a hurry and not everything went according to the rules.

Now the kit. Mirage Hobby did a fine job as regards the project but the quality of molds is a mixed bag. Some parts are excellent (the fuselage, interior), some not that good (the wings), some just poor (like the engine cowling, which was a short shot). Overall, a demanding kit recommended to at least medium experienced modelers.

I have encountered big problems with the paint masks and it is still visible, despite my efforts to recover (when I removed the masking tape, most of the paint on the canopy frames pulled off with the tape, and the tape itself left ugly remains of glue…). Probably I delayed their removal for too long.

Painted with Hataka paints, rivetted, added photo etched parts from Eduard in the interior, and the gun tubes from Aber.

So, after four years of struggle, here it is. Hope you like it.

4wjXkC.jpg

CbXlQY.jpg

Z9Zj3y.jpg

v8ihUl.jpg

phUhn3.jpg

i4H7yd.jpg

EsdsO8.jpg

rHabHi.jpg

• Like 20

Very nice result!  I like your realization of Khaki - I 've read that it is Hakata. I do not like the earth-brown (or even chocolate brown) interpretations, maybe I have to get more familiar with them ...

BTW - Some more than 10 years ago I did a scratch conversion of Heller (1/72) P 23 to P43, if you are interesting it is here:

Regards

Jerzy-Wojtek (also from Kraków : ) )

• Like 1

Admirable persistence, glad to see you wrap it up! Especially such an unknown type, at least to many modelers. I appreciate the background information you provided!

Thanks for sharing your build, very well done. 

• Like 1