Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-23/27 “Flogger” STGB - 11 to go

5 hours ago, Jabba said:

Add my name to the list please. I have a Mig-23ML or (I am sure) a twin sticker in the stash somewhere.

welcome along

3 hours ago, Arniec said:

Where did this GB come from?! 😱 Now I want to buIld one. Luckely I have got already a Mig 23 and a 27 in my stash.

In what scheme? I don't know jet. But it could be a Indian 27.

Cheers,

haha you know me!!! :D 

3 hours ago, theplasticsurgeon said:

Not a plane that I know much about - but have these kits:

Academy MiG-23,  no kit decals - so a clean sheet really.

Complimented by this MiG-27.

I'm in.

a couple of good choices there.

• 3 months later...
11 hours ago, trickyrich said:

"bring out your dead"......🔔🔔.....🔔🔔

Return_of_the_living_deadposter.jpg

😁

Probably need 

expand the MiG-23/27 universe to other models with the number "23" and the name MiG, rejected as VTOL:

??

😉

B.R.

Serge

• Like 1

On 5/6/2020 at 1:15 AM, trickyrich said:

But I did notice that Zvezda and a newer company R.V. Aircraft have a nice range of variants available. The RV ones do look particularly nice.

Avoid the RV kits like plague!

I built their MiG-23MLD and it was an absolute dog of a kit, with nothing fitting together.

• The wings are not the same thickness.
  • The vertical tail just floats around in its slot
  • The top/bottom halves of the rear fuselage do not match, and the shape at the back (right under the tail) needs quite a bit of sanding to match the shape of the tail
  • The left/right halves of the front fuselage need some spacer otherwise the canopy won't fit - neither the nose cone.
  • There is no positive way of positioning the front and rear halves
  • If you align the intakes with the outer fuselage surface, you have huge gaps to fill between them and the cockpit sides.

And that's just the most obvious...

4 hours ago, Hamster Volant said:

Avoid the RV kits like plague!

I built their MiG-23MLD and it was an absolute dog of a kit, with nothing fitting together.

• The wings are not the same thickness.
  • The vertical tail just floats around in its slot
  • The top/bottom halves of the rear fuselage do not match, and the shape at the back (right under the tail) needs quite a bit of sanding to match the shape of the tail
  • The left/right halves of the front fuselage need some spacer otherwise the canopy won't fit - neither the nose cone.
  • There is no positive way of positioning the front and rear halves
  • If you align the intakes with the outer fuselage surface, you have huge gaps to fill between them and the cockpit sides.

And that's just the most obvious...

oh dear that does sound scary, interestingly I've found very few reviews of this model and the few I did didn't mention any problems.......cue here for me to have another rant about model reviews!!! :rant:

1 hour ago, CliffB said:

@trickyrich  I think I might have snuck in under the radar (post #28) :winkgrin:

Cheers

:wall:    ....maybe you're there but just in micro scale like the wee things you build! :D 

1 hour ago, helios16v said:

He must've been suffering from resin dust OD that day.  :D

more like resin withdrawal symptoms!!!

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

really interesting piece Serge, thanks for that!!  :thumbsup:

I would love to see someone producing some of the early model aircraft.....or even conversion kits.

It's interesting to see the early ideas to went on to be successful along with those that didn't quite make it.....and the truely bizarre!

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, exdraken said:

I have sufficient Floggers models to participate here... maybe a 2 seater using Neomega resin conversion would do? ;)

Neomega do a two-seat conversion? Cool!

• trickyrich changed the title to Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-23/27 “Flogger” STGB - 11 to go