1/48th Airfix Tiger Moth, 727 NAS, RNAS Gosport 1946-48

7 minutes ago, Farmerboy said:

That’s a real gem of a model, beautifully done, good job!

Thanks mate,..... it is a lovely kit. 

Lovely model Tony and curious about the rattle can being deleted?  I always wonder why Humbrol don’t do RAF interior green as a spray can, would save so much time ! 😀

Mike

• Like 1

Lovely aircraft and fine build! :wub:

BTW, the title has 1/48, but your text has "the new Airfix 1/72nd Tiger Moth". I expect the latter is a typo.

51 minutes ago, mick b said:

Lovely model Tony and curious about the rattle can being deleted?  I always wonder why Humbrol don’t do RAF interior green as a spray can, would save so much time ! 😀

Mike

Thanks Mike,........ yeah I know,..... and I always thought that RAF Interior Grey Green would be a big seller too,...... just zap those sprues and off you go! I`ve e mailed Humbrol asking if they will look at re introducing Trainer Yellow,..... I suppose if enough people do it they might reconsider?

48 minutes ago, dnl42 said:

Lovely aircraft and fine build! :wub:

BTW, the title has 1/48, but your text has "the new Airfix 1/72nd Tiger Moth". I expect the latter is a typo.

Thanks mate and yeah,...just a typo,...... thanks for pointing it out. 

8 minutes ago, trickydicky210 said:

Stunning Tiger Moth Tony, thanks for showing us this new kit so soon 👏👏👏

No worries Rich,..... glad you like it, thanks. 

26 minutes ago, DaveyGair said:

Lovely job.

I must admit, yellows and reds do airbrush better than with the 'manual' kind, in my experience anyway.

:goodjob:

Davey.

Thanks Davey,......  not using an air brush I wouldn`t know mate.

34 minutes ago, Peter Roberts said:

Lovely build Tony, she looks great! Also good to hear it builds as well as it looks. :) Thanks for posting

Thanks Peter,...... just beware of those centre section struts,..... they are very fragile and one set was already snapped on the sprue,....... I glued them loads of times but they kept snapping again. 

25 minutes ago, Bangor Lad said:

Lovely build and as you say Airfix deserve to sell a few.

Cheers mate and yes I hope they do,........ I look forward to seeing if Airfix release any different boxings with more marking options.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, SAT69 said:

Exceptional build and the chipped paint look is very realistic. 

Cheers mate,...... I was going for a well used but not over grubby look.

Having built a few of their 1/72 Tiger Moths (and I can attest to the flimsyness of those struts) I may have to go and get myself a 1/48 version.

Thanks for posting and for the heads up on possible problems.

She's a ripper.

Well done.

• Like 1

Beautifully done Tony - I might have to get one of these! Glad you broke the rigging hoodoo - Walrus next?! :clap2:

• Like 1

I was wondering for a while, how come, there are no builds of this kit.

Well... Mr tonyot to the rescue :-)

Thanks Tony! It looks very nice after your works on it.

I guess, the rest of buyers of this kit put it in an ever growing pile of boxes :-))

Many of them claimed to buy several.

Zig

• Like 1

That's a beautiful model Tony. We used to get loads of these flying over our house in the 50's from Southend airport. Nice one.

Certa Cito.

John.

• Like 1

Super build I enjoyed mine too! Completely agree with the discontinued production of Humbrol Acrylic 24 spray - now rocking horse and one of the most useful colours in the range (their cans also spray very well IMHO)!  I managed to buy up a stash from an aviation museum when I realised🙂

well done!

TT

• Like 1

How lovely! Makes me want to book a flight in one as soon as lockdown is over. I used to teach an elderly lady who in her youth flew them from Biggin Hill. "That was proper flying" she used to say. :)

• Like 1