Tamiya Stug III Ausf G - With a great gonzo gun on it!

11 hours ago, fatfingers said:

Any how........ a few deep breaths later and calmness returns. Who said this hobby was supposed to be fun and relaxing? 😀

That's a shame Steve as it was shaping up quite nicely. Is there no way that it can be revived ie; stripping the paint off and respraying?

John.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

That's a shame Steve as it was shaping up quite nicely. Is there no way that it can be revived ie; stripping the paint off and respraying?

John.

Morning John,

Unfortunately my temper got the better of me and its a 'bit' broken! 🙄 Was my own fault and having a heavy week with work probably didn't really help much. Least now i can concentrate on the M3A1 Scout and hopefully not cock that up too! 

Regards,

Steve

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fatfingers said:

and its a 'bit' broken!

Hopefully you can save some of the parts such as the metal gun barrel.. If the scout car gives you problems, walk away, and come back to it when you've calmed down. That's why I don't have any carpet in my room. It would be worn away with the number of times that I've had to walk away from a project.

John.

• Like 1

Hi Steve, sorry to hear of the demise of the Stug, these things happen unfortunately. 

Not sure what's worse, your way, quick and relatively painless or to have it sitting glaring at you from a shelf as a reminder. Knowing full well that even with the best of intentions you'll never resurrect it...

Onwards and upwards as someone says, its ment to be fun....

Good luck with the M3

Darryl 

At least it keeps the bench looking tidy!

Edited by Jasper dog
  • Haha 1

Hi Steve. I hope you and yours are well.

Your thread is a good example of why I should start at the end of a thread and work backwards - to find out what happened! .......rather than be thoroughly enjoying a thread only to be saddened by what has happened! Sorry you had this experience.

Take care and stay well.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

Morning Steve....that's a bummer. It was shaping up too to be a nice piece.......I've had the same moments.....we've all been there......better luck next time and on the the M3A1....:yes:

Cheers

Simon.

• Like 1