Please suggest me Volvo FH 16 /Scania/M-B Actros Truck

AlCZ

Hi ! I love a Euro Truck Simulator 2, and i can build a my favourite trucks. Unfortunatelly all were twin axles only, so i can´t build a three axle or five axle heavy haulage out of the box (and on conversion i´m not good builder).

All EU Trucks make a Italeri. But have many versions and subversions and i´m not sure what is what....

I can newest (current)  types.

Scania S - im not sure - it is this: https://www.italeri.com/en/product/2632/7/35 This is a Scania S or Scania S is biggest type ? Or it this a current Scania ? Or - maybe i can´t need a type S (looks a italeri havent S in  offer) but current Scania with light under windshield https://www.scania.com/group/en/home/products-and-services/trucks/r-series.html

Or all Italeri Scania R-type is old generation and current haven´t in offer ?

And Volvo FH 16 is current version or not ? I saw a only "Wiking" https://www.italeri.com/en/product/2666/7/35 and this is old type, not ?

Actros MP 4 is with highly probability current (he is recognised with "hockey stick lights".

I like US trucks too, but all was old kits... and haven´t high cab sleepers  :/

Revell few years back re-packed  a Lonestar...but today isn´t in offer :(

• 3 months later...

Its difficult to fully understand what you mean.
The Italeri Scania family of trucks isnt hard to follow really

There are not very many options to build different variants if you do not want to use any conversions. With conversion or scratch building you can build anything you like. Im just about to start a Scania R series Topline twin steer double drive (8x4) with an extended chassis that has an HIAB, a hook loader and a 5th wheel. but Ill start with IT3858 kit and use conversions and scratch building to do it.

What you call a Scania S I take that to mean a Scania Streamline. (R730 Topline roof with a Streamliner body)

Scania model family is quite simple. Series  2, 3, 4 and R series. There are of course many others but those are the kits you can buy from Italeri and no they do not make the very latest Scania. The newest Scania model you can buy right now is the 3858 kit and the Streamline version of it 3930.

3 series kits you can buy today.

3910. R 143M 500 4x2 (Topline)

3937. T 143H 500 6x2 (Topline roof, Streamline)

3944. R 143H 500/450 6x2 (Topline, Streamline) (Same as 3937 but without the engine bonnet)

4 series

3922 164L Topline (Custom truck)

R Series comes in two versions, Streamline and none Streamline.

All these are on the Italeri web site.

3947 R400 Streamline (Flat roof) 4x2

3932 R730 Streamline (Highline roof) 4x2

3930 R730 Streamline (Topline roof) 4x2 "Chimera"

3906 R730 Streamline (Topline roof) 4x2 "Silver Griffin"

3858 R620 Topline

3851 R380 Topline

3829 R500 Topline

3850 R620 Topline

3897 R730 Topline "Black Amber" 

3883 R730 Topline "Imperial"

3882 R560 Highline "Red Griffin"

3879 R730 Topline "The Griffin" 

3873 R620 Topline "Blue Shark"

It can be hard to tell a 4 series and an R series apart if your not 100%.

The 4 series has straight grille bars, Look at kit 743 144L Heavy Truck, the yellow grille bars, then look at 3980 you will see the grille bars are turned up at the ends. the 164L Topclass which has the same straight grille bars.

Im not a big Volvo fan so this isnt 100% but if you only want current kits then 

3842 and 3931 seem to be the same kit with different decals.

3940 seems to have the XL roof not the XXL roof of 3842/3931

3907 seems to be the same as 3842 Wiking but without custom spure. Im not 100% sure what Im looking at in the box I dont really like Volvo trucks.

Mercedes is the same as Volvo. I cant really help you there, I have all of them but only because Im a collector of collections. I think the MP4 series is the latest...

Ive got 3935 which I think looking at it is exactly the same as 3905 with different decals. Ive got one with some white 20" containers but I think thats an earlier series then Ive got a revell kit thats even older with a racing trailer.

I can open the box and tell you whats in it but apart from that I only really know Scania. 

• Thanks 1

Ok. Scania S is part of the new generation range, the 4 and 5r are available from

italeri, the S is a toy from Emek in 1/25.
Scania S new gen (Emek) topline roof

Add Watermark20200720111508

Scania new gen R (Emek) with the topline roof again

Add Watermark20200617115413

scania 5r streamline (italeri kit) Topline roof 

Add Watermark20200720111459

Scania R (Italeri kit) highline in silver, topline white

Add Watermark20200531111926

ok, Scanias. The roof is topline (high) highline (mid) and low and they are across all cabs. S is new to the new generation and is a flat floor cab that sits high on the chassis. R is regular, sits lower and has hump in the cab to clear the engine inside. G sits lower again with a larger engine hump inside the cab, p is lower again. 
older generation R and 5r follow the same lines R is highest set, G lower and P lowest. This has nothing to do with the roof height, but the cab floor height!

I am putting an Emek S on an italeri chassis currently and it will work with lots of mods. The Italeri R will be OK as there isn’t much difference on the real trucks, except the exhaust emissions systems. Pics to help on the new gen scanias https://www.flickr.com/gp/55234888@N05/24s900

Now the FH range. Italeri has produced 3 of the 4 FHs, they have the FH1 (rectangle headlights) in flat roof, globetrotter and XL.

FH1 globetrotter XL (italeri)

Add Watermark20191019041828

FH2, second gen, larger headlight set, and cab facelift inc grill and wings italeri again in flat, and globetrotter roof

Add Watermark201905091156 (2)

FH3, different grill and bumper. Not done by Italeri but you can get resin conversion sets, but they are OOP

Add Watermark20190926022955

FH4 made by italeri again, globetrotter and XL roof are available, and some resin flat roofs

Add Watermark20200617115434

Merc actros, run from MP1 to MP5. Italeri have done the 1, 2, and 4. The 5 is a facelift of the 4, I have one now and it’s got no mirrors, just cameras and screens inside on ten door pillars.

This is an MP4, most recent version by italeri, 

Add Watermark20200704094120

Italeri do the high roof version, and lower ones are available in resin conversions.

Emek are plastic, they come apart easily and do combine with Italeri chassis well.

Emek cabs are spot on, but the chassis is basic so ideal to combine the two.

italeri will do the Scania S, but who knows when that will be

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2505460.m570.l1313&_nkw=emek&_sacat=0

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/1188/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=emek

When I think of models that you build yourself, and would talk about on here I cant say I would consider Emek at all.

So what you are saying is no Italeri dont built an S Series at all, they only build the R Series and they are arranged into families like I said?