I made an MRP lacquer paint list

Rob de Bie

I love MRP lacquer paints, but finding the correct colors is often frustrating. MRP paint color descriptions, as listed by most webshops, are far too generic to be useful. Finding the correct paint number(s) drove me nuts, and even MRP does not have a decent overview to help you. Therefore I created a list with a country code for each color to sort out the considerable mess, and that helped a lot to understand the sub-ranges in the MRP paint range. For the countries whose colors are spread out through the 400 colors, I made separate listings, sorted on paint number if a system exists.

https://robdebie.home.xs4all.nl/models/mrp-list-all.htm

Rob

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

You’ve obviously put a lot of work into this but am not sure what you have accomplished. Given that each bottle is clearly marked with the nationality and era and their website allows you to search by the same criteria I feel that I am missing something.

https://mrpaint.sk/index.php?route=product/category&path=60_61_85

Kind regards

Confused of Warwickshire 

14 minutes ago, Rob de Bie said:

Howard and 'tank', feel free not to use my list, no obligation whatsoever 🙂

Rob

Not being critical, just a little baffled. For what its worth I enjoyed looking at your models. 

kind regards

Howard

13 minutes ago, Howard Moon said:

Not being critical, just a little baffled. For what its worth I enjoyed looking at your models. 

kind regards

Howard

No offense taken! It's a free world, that's all I wanted to say.

Rob

This is actually very helpful for me.  A club member suggested MRP as it is his airbrush paint of choice now and I will need to make the shift away from Model Master, which I have used quite a bit for US and German aircraft.  Also in looking at the list they actually have two different PC-10 colors as I also do WWI aircraft.  This is exactly what I need as I am going to give it a shot.  I have a place here in the US where I can order them on-line but I need to put together a couple different sets to keep the shipping costs within reason and this list should help me do that.  

Thanks for posting this - I bookmarked it

• 2 weeks later...