RECCE FORCE, M3A1 STUART TANK, 1/35 ITALERI

6 hours ago, FrancisGL said:

Hi Ernst,

many thanks for your interest and kind words. 

The bottom of the tank is still one more part of the model, so if we want to "have a clear conscience" ... lol, we will have to dedicate some attention to it, otherwise, IMHO would remain as a model " unfinished ", or at least, finished in a hurry ...
It is true that it gives some laziness, then, who is going to pay attention to that part? ..., but if someone authorized in the matter, manipulated the model, surely they would see it ... and we would remain as "absolute beginners". .. (I remember the movie of the same name with David Bowie) ... lol.
Also, there are models that their basses are more interesting to work with (for example the M47), others have little detail, almost smooth, making it even easier to make a "mud bed", or dust ...
The tracks have been easy to work on, since they are smooth, they do not require much difficulty, and the hatches provide a touch of color (not recommended in the real vehicle).
This time I will try to make the kit look "metallic", if possible, once finished, the varnish will do the job (I hope) ...
Cheers and TC
Francis 

Hi Francis,

You're right. Things start to itch sooner or later when left unattended. I've never seen the movie but I remember the song as if it was yesterday. You've got me interested in "metallic". I'll be looking forward to it's completion,

Cheers,

Ernst.

• Thanks 1

UPDATE 06:

Hi Pals,

With the reception of the add-on that I wanted, I am already finished the model, it is the copper tow cable for the M-3, instead of the wire that supplied the kit.

Once painted and assembled, I have proceeded to give a coat of satin varnish to the model, to seal the weathering, and give a feeling (I hope) of "metal", which together with the occasional pin with oils, make me see it as something different to plastic.
In these photos, which are not of a high quality, perhaps you cannot see the nuance, but in my hands, it does look a bit "tin can boy" at times ... lol
With the photos that I will take for the RTI section, which will undoubtedly be better taken, I hope that if I can appreciate what I indicate.

It has been a fairly simple kit to finish, with the only serious difficulty (at least for me), of the indi-link tracks, in case you want to use them, which I had to give up, although the ones included as optional, are also very good.

Thanks for watch and comments as always.
Cheers and TC
Francis.👍

7gApvhq.jpg

6Yy5l7E.jpg

0tUSUYA.jpg

eAKNLIV.jpg

qGZWawL.jpg

dmKGgQO.jpg

HNn7mfj.jpg

GyKyVUJ.jpg

Mt57TkS.jpg

xZiWVbD.jpg

4YhgEEv.jpg

kbGxUy3.jpg

9rXdGSw.jpg

• Like 6

It looks really good Francis. Just one thing though. That tow cable wouldn't have had a kink in it like that as they were very rigid. It would have just gone straight ahead.

John.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bullbasket said:

It looks really good Francis. Just one thing though. That tow cable wouldn't have had a kink in it like that as they were very rigid. It would have just gone straight ahead.

John.

Hi John, many thanks for the hint, I have changed the position of the cable somewhat, in your opinion, how about now? ...
Cheers and TC
Francis.

kblpLIz.jpg

791sTGB.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, FrancisGL said:

Hi John, many thanks for the hint, I have changed the position of the cable somewhat, in your opinion, how about now? ...

👍

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Hamden said:

Very nice work Frances in the right setting could be mistaken for a 1:1 M3

Stay safe           Roger

Hi Roger,
You are more than kind, I'm glad you like it, it's quite a compliment, that it can be "confused" with one to 1: 1, there are models, especially in the RTI section of aircraft, which are authentic "1: 1".
They are undoubtedly masterpieces, but the photos are the indispensable complement for that to happen.
Once the little one is ok, I hope to take some photos with enough quality to at least get close to "1: 1" ... lol.
Cheers and TC
Francis.👍

These colour gradients are awesome, especially on the front hull, so lively an vibrant, the blue decals, the yellow stars and mantlet. All of this in such a short time.

Cheers 👍

Ernst.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Dads203 said:

Just to echo what others have said Francis, that is one fantastic build mate.:thumbsup:

Hi Dan,

you are very kind, thanks for your comments
I hope that the photos of the RTI, show the good and the less good of the work, that not being perfect, I think it was not bad.
Cheers and TC.
Francis.👍

• Like 1

Hi Francis, superb work! Weathered just right, Imo, nice and grubby, dusty and well used without being covered in mud etc.

To name a few, particularly like the tracks, even if they are rubber bands, the fuel and oil stains and the wear and tear caused by the tow hawser. 

Doing another base??

Cheers

Darryl 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Ernst said:

These colour gradients are awesome, especially on the front hull, so lively an vibrant, the blue decals, the yellow stars and mantlet. All of this in such a short time.

Cheers 👍

Ernst.

Hi Ernst,

many thanks for your interest and kind words, Perhaps it is because this time I have not been wrong with the initial color, and having to clean and repaint, it is a small model (to be 1/35) and there is more time for the hobby ... now what concerns me , is to take some photos with enough quality / clarity to show the work, something that I also find essential as a complement to the models, so, I can see them whenever I want on the phone ... lol
Cheers and TC
Francis.👍

16 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

Hi Francis, superb work! Weathered just right, Imo, nice and grubby, dusty and well used without being covered in mud etc.

To name a few, particularly like the tracks, even if they are rubber bands, the fuel and oil stains and the wear and tear caused by the tow hawser. 

Doing another base??

Cheers

Darryl 

Hi Darryl,

many thanks for all kind words, I think that being a not very used vehicle (the real one), I should not exceed the wear and tear (I hope I have succeeded), in terms of the base ... I have to choose very well what to do or not, because the space available to expose it , is a factor to consider ... lol.
Cheers and TC
Francis.👍

• Like 1