RECCE FORCE, M3A1 STUART TANK, 1/35 ITALERI

On 23/05/2020 at 13:38, Hamden said:

Looking good, not far to the finish line now

Stay safe           Roger

Hi Roger,

many thanks for your kind words, now the most "artistic" part remains for me, at least, weathering, which will give it character or ruin it ...
Cheers and TC
Francis.👍

On 23/05/2020 at 18:14, Bullbasket said:

This has been a quick build. It makes my builds look snail paced by comparison. Nice work though Francis.

John.

Hi John,

many thanks mate, if we consider that the kit is quite decent, because its fits are good, and that it is OOB, without scratch, like yours, it gives a feeling of speed. I imagine that if it fell into your hands you would have it ready in the duration of a newscast ... lol.
The "difficult" part of the kit were the indi tracks, but since they have been too much for me ... the rest is comfortable terrain ... lol.
Cheers
Francis. 👍

• Like 1

16 hours ago, diablo rsv said:

I like the look of that Francis, great work. You have definitely tempted me to build the Honey

version. 

Wayne

Hi Wayne,

many thanks for your kind words ans interest, I would love to see a Honey according to your point of view, I think it would be, great, cute tank + very good technique = Masterpiece ... I have in mind to make one someday ...
Cheers and TC
Francis.👍

• Like 1

Hi Francis,  looking really good, the weathering has toned down the blue of the decals nicely. I do like the grubby dusty look you've achieved very much in-keeping with it theatre of operations.  :thumbsup:

Cheers

Darryl 

• Thanks 1

On 26/05/2020 at 08:07, Jasper dog said:

Hi Francis,  looking really good, the weathering has toned down the blue of the decals nicely. I do like the grubby dusty look you've achieved very much in-keeping with it theatre of operations.  :thumbsup:

Cheers

Darryl 

Hi Darryl,
Many thanks for your kind comments, I'm trying not to make it too dirty after all, because I read that they put him out of action soon ...
Cheers and TC
Francis. 👍

Edited by FrancisGL
  • Like 1

UPDATE 05:

Hi Pals,

One last push with the kit, added the tools on the model, painted and weathered, and the fuel leaks, accentuated a bit
more, starting with the paint on the tracks, with some rust, dust and metal.
A touch of black on the wheels part of the undercarriage.
Finishing the weathering of the turret too.
Some chipping on usual parts and little splashes of color, like taillights.
I am waiting for tow cable, because the one that brings the kit is a thread, I prefer some suitable copper ...

Soon the end with the addition of the cable and subsequent varnishing.

Thanks for watch and comment as always
Cheers and Tc
Francis.👍

c1atix8.jpg

si0t63Y.jpg

b5bHCu3.jpg

fDTZtLf.jpg

rwTXzwL.jpgZC9ROOK.jpg

YrlQVmV.jpg

bFWp80q.jpg

0bgOrAJ.jpg

crTumaV.jpg

vArv2KW.jpg

R9lM1GD.jpg

uxhn4nJ.jpg

s2jQ5wa.jpg

M4tps4H.jpg

1lfH8dE.jpg

5wJ5Uy1.jpg

12R2Hpm.jpg

l1xzwQ7.jpg

2tkXyms.jpg

Znr2nca.jpg

• Like 9

21 hours ago, Hamden said:

That turned out very well, nice workmanship and paint work

Stay safe             Roger

Hi Roger,

many thanks for your like and kind words, i'm glad you like it.

Cheers and TC

Francis.👍

Francis, this is amazing.  When I watched your m47 I noticed you painted and weathered the bottom of the tank, something I 'm too lazy for. You did it again. There's a lesson in that for me. The tracks look awesome, the colour contrast with the open hatches, the subtle wear and tear the list goes on.

Cheers 👍,

Ernst.

• Thanks 1

Hi Francis, turned out really well. To much to list all the individual items but the general grubbiness of it is great, from the oily fuel stains and dustiness to the worn yellow on the turret band.

Great work!

:goodjob:

Darryl 

• Thanks 1

On 30/05/2020 at 15:57, Bullbasket said:

Hi John,

many thanks for your kind words, this time I have tried with oils to do the two things you quote.
Cheers and TC
Francis.👍

Edited by FrancisGL

46 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

Blimey Francis! When did I start speaking Spanish?

Juan.:giggle:

Hi John, 

Oops!, I feel the error, I have not realized it, although I do not usually need the translator, I always like to give a pass, to be very sure of what I read or write, although this time, it has been Chrome that has translated the entire page automatically, from what I see, now I have already changed the settings so that it remains as it is ...
Cheers:whistle:
Francis.

• Like 1

On 30/05/2020 at 21:56, diablo rsv said:

Excellent work Francis! I really like the way you have done the weathering. 

Wayne 

Hi Wayne,

Many thanks for your kind words, i'm glad you like it, this time I have tried something a little different, with the idea of getting when it is finished, a metal look / feel in the model.
Cheers and TC
Francis.👍

On 31/05/2020 at 12:08, Ernst said:

Francis, this is amazing.  When I watched your m47 I noticed you painted and weathered the bottom of the tank, something I 'm too lazy for. You did it again. There's a lesson in that for me. The tracks look awesome, the colour contrast with the open hatches, the subtle wear and tear the list goes on.

Cheers 👍,

Ernst.

Hi Ernst,

many thanks for your interest and kind words. 

The bottom of the tank is still one more part of the model, so if we want to "have a clear conscience" ... lol, we will have to dedicate some attention to it, otherwise, IMHO would remain as a model " unfinished ", or at least, finished in a hurry ...
It is true that it gives some laziness, then, who is going to pay attention to that part? ..., but if someone authorized in the matter, manipulated the model, surely they would see it ... and we would remain as "absolute beginners". .. (I remember the movie of the same name with David Bowie) ... lol.
Also, there are models that their basses are more interesting to work with (for example the M47), others have little detail, almost smooth, making it even easier to make a "mud bed", or dust ...
The tracks have been easy to work on, since they are smooth, they do not require much difficulty, and the hatches provide a touch of color (not recommended in the real vehicle).
This time I will try to make the kit look "metallic", if possible, once finished, the varnish will do the job (I hope) ...
Cheers and TC
Francis 👍

• Like 1

On 31/05/2020 at 12:19, Jasper dog said:

Hi Francis, turned out really well. To much to list all the individual items but the general grubbiness of it is great, from the oily fuel stains and dustiness to the worn yellow on the turret band.

Great work!

:goodjob:

Darryl 

Hi Darryl,

many thanks for your kind comments, i'm glad you like it, this time I have tried oils for fuel stains, and I really liked what turned out. Sometimes it is not necessary to buy a specific product for an effect, because there are many materials that can be used / improvised with more than good results (and cheaper ... lol)
Cheers and TC
Francis.👍

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Andy Moore said:

Lovely work Francis. The dust weathering really brings it to life.

Andy:cat:

Hi Andy,

may thanks for your likes and kinds words, very much in accordance with that, weathering is the most decisive part of the model (more difficult and also the one I like to do the most, at least for me), which moves from a detailed toy to something else ...
Cheers and TC
Francis. 👍

Very nice weathering! Please do something about those rear lights.

At this moment, they look like dents with bright red paint.🙄

http://cs.finescale.com/fsm/modeling_subjects/f/3/t/178551.aspx

Regards

Zig

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, zigster said:

Very nice weathering! Please do something about those rear lights.

At this moment, they look like dents with bright red paint.🙄

http://cs.finescale.com/fsm/modeling_subjects/f/3/t/178551.aspx

Regards

Zig

Hi,It is not finished yet, I have to correct that, thanks for the info.
Cheers
Francis.