RECCE FORCE, M3A1 STUART TANK, 1/35 ITALERI

21 hours ago, Ernst said:

Hi Francis, that's a lot of progress in a short time. Cool to see you painted and weathered the interior. Looks great.

Cheers,

Ernst.

Hi Ernst,

many thanks for your like and kind comments. Yes, once I have discarded the "pro" tracks, all that energy has been directed without haste but without pause to the following, which was the interior.
I could have made a "sketch", because as you can see in a photo, once the superstructure is in place, even with the hatches open, it will be seen very little, a pity ... it helps me practice ...
Cheers and TC
Francis 👍

• Like 1

On 12/05/2020 at 22:31, robw_uk said:

Very nice interior... assume thats all out of the box??

Many thanks for your interest, yep, all out of the box, my scratch skills are few, and as I said before, I think it will be seen very soon after assembly ...
Cheers
Frencis.👍

Just now, FrancisGL said:

Many thanks for your interest, yep, all out of the box, my scratch skills are few, and as I said before, I think it will be seen very soon after assembly ...
Cheers
Frencis.👍

Yep I did a full interior (Verlinden) on the M5A1 I built a few years ago. Still my best build but you can't see much through the hatches...

• Sad 1

On 13/05/2020 at 09:08, Jasper dog said:

Hi Francis, coming along well and quickly. Interior looks good, nicely weathered. 

Atb

Darryl 

Hi Darryl,

many thanks for your like and interest, as it is a small tank, even for 1/35, it is not too laborious, in addition to not being super-detailed, I imagine that there will be a set of extra components, but, I think it is not worth it, because it will be seen very little, even with open hatches ...
Cheers and TC
Francis 👍

17 hours ago, Dads203 said:

Good start Francis, the interior is really shaping up mate :thumbsup:

Hi Dan,

Many thank por your kind comments, nothing special, but I think it will be good enough for what will be seen later, and it is useful for me to practice.
Cheers and TC
Francis 👍

UPDATE 03:

Hi Pals,

Painting time.

I have decided to apply a prime base coat of black color on this occasion, and once dry, continue with a dark green of the Us Army AK, and its consequent modulation, in two phases, each time somewhat lighter, tried than with the weathering darkens excessively.

Some hatches are not fixed, only with mask tape, so as not to spoil the interior with lost "shots" ... lol.

Being a really small model even for 1/35, the work has been fast, waiting for it to dry, to continue with the decals.

Thanks for watch and comment.
Cheers and TC
Francis.:thumbsup:

bU3nkMa.jpg

NOzivyn.jpg

V4jsprQ.jpg

KUmE9zR.jpg

4vq7B9d.jpg

cnYBp4e.jpg

WCroh1T.jpg

NFSkPHW.jpg

iuRuPQP.jpg

vA8KoWO.jpg

d0ih52p.jpg

WhjMU6E.jpg

wkOjEpW.jpg

jDkPnFQ.jpg

4jMftRA.jpg

u3R8pyF.jpg

h0mOinP.jpg

QyIQHJx.jpg

iXIKLIc.jpg

• Like 9

That's a neat looking paint job. The weld lines look the part and three machine guns on the front side of the hull, hmm, this little one is to be reckoned with. I never knew that.

Cheers,

Ernst.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Ernst said:

That's a neat looking paint job. The weld lines look the part and three machine guns on the front side of the hull, hmm, this little one is to be reckoned with. I never knew that.

Cheers,

Ernst.

Hi Ernst,

Many thanks for your like and kind words, as for the MGs, I think it was only in the first version of the M3, because they realized that they were quite useless, due to their difficult handling and the space they occupied in such a small vehicle ... even so, it had 3 MGs It is not bad at all, although the main thing left a lot to be desired (37mm cannon) ...
Cheers and TC
Francis.👍

4 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

Nice airbrush work there Francis.

John.

Hi John,

many thanks for your like and kind words, this time, it seems that the AB and I have agreed ... lol
Cheers and TC
Francis.👍

• Like 1

On 18/05/2020 at 12:01, FrancisGL said:

Hi Ernst,

Many thanks for your like and kind words, as for the MGs, I think it was only in the first version of the M3, because they realized that they were quite useless, due to their difficult handling and the space they occupied in such a small vehicle ... even so, it had 3 MGs It is not bad at all, although the main thing left a lot to be desired (37mm cannon) ...
Cheers and TC
Francis.

Hi Francis, I didn't know that but it makes sense. These older tanks have a lot of character, like they were searching and finding things out. But it looks awesome nevertheless.

Cheers,

Ernst.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Ernst said:

Hi Francis, I didn't know that but it makes sense. These older tanks have a lot of character, like they were searching and finding things out. But it looks awesome nevertheless.

Cheers,

Ernst.

Yep, like a little "porcupine" ... lol

Cheers

Francis.

• Like 1

Hi Francis, looking good!

Nice seeing the progression photos, modulation looking good! 

Not sure which I'd be more concerned about, the 37mm or lack of armour, at least you'd have a good turn of speed.

Atb

Darryl 

• Thanks 1

Hi Darryl,
many thanks for your interest, i'm glad you like it.
Without a doubt this vehicle only fulfilled 2 of the three main qualities of the AFVs, mobility, I imagine that there are, that the British nicknamed it "Honey" ...
Cheers and TC
Francis.👍

UPDATE 04:

Hi Pals,

Any advance with the model, let's go with the delcals, I have opted for the US Army version, because I really like its
colorful and striking appearance.

The quality of the decals is not very good, as I have had problems getting them "subtle", I hope that with weathering
and varnishing they will improve.

The yellow band of the turret does not have the adequate size to be as seen in the profile, so I have had to paint it.

It has received a general wash to modify the tone of the vehicle, more to my liking.

I began to apply punctual washings of powder in rivets and angles, once dry, the excess was removed.

Also, streaking grimes in random parts of the model, with the idea that it was not very accentuated, as I read long
ago that this vehicle was put out of action very soon ...

Thanks for watch and comment.
Cheers and TC
Francis 👍

wijOgUL.jpg

mguu2xM.jpg

npqOdh2.jpg

LStKAL2.jpg

F1wShal.jpg

y4JuQ94.jpg

XphSIdk.jpg

wh9guSz.jpg

qqynFjn.jpg