Academy 1/72 F-18F US Navy

Hello,

This my recent project, OOB. A really easy kit, nice fitting and engineering. The only, and big, complain are the decals. They’re virtually useless, way too thick. So, I put it on hold and waited for a new set from ebay.
Hope you enjoy!

Cheers!

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 34

47 minutes ago, Wulfman said:

I know very little about Hornets, but that looks like a very nice build !

Wulfman

Thank you! That's one  bonus from scale modeling. You end up learning about the subjects.

Very nicely done, great subject and well displayed too. There's something 'Macross-esque' about the Superhornet, particularly the F in Jolly Rogers guise.

Very impressive Super Hornet. Like that a lot! Which boxing was that? I may have the same kit, just so I know wether to get some better quality decals for it.

Academy do make nice kits but I've never had nice decals out of their boxes! Ever, that I can remember!

Martin

4 minutes ago, Lightningboy2000 said:

Very impressive Super Hornet. Like that a lot! Which boxing was that? I may have the same kit, just so I know wether to get some better quality decals for it.

Academy do make nice kits but I've never had nice decals out of their boxes! Ever, that I can remember!

Martin

Thank you! Kit number is Academy 12535 . I strongly suggest aftermarket decals. kit's are terrible.

2 hours ago, alex_stela said:

Very nice! I like weathering! Good job! :clap2:

thank you!

2 hours ago, Parabat said:

Very nicely done, great subject and well displayed too. There's something 'Macross-esque' about the Superhornet, particularly the F in Jolly Rogers guise.

Thank you!

Superb!!!!!  The weathering and overall presentation is extremely accurate.  This is certainly one to be proud of!!!!!! :worthy:

Mike

That is a fine looking build.  I love the look of the Hornet, especially wearing The Bones!!

I know what you mean about some of the Academy decals - their own decals are only fit for the bin, I've had them lift from the model after a few days!!!

2 hours ago, Sky Keg said:

Superb!!!!!  The weathering and overall presentation is extremely accurate.  This is certainly one to be proud of!!!!!! :worthy:

Mike

Thank you!

2 hours ago, Sky Keg said:

Mike

Thank you!

2 hours ago, Booty003 said:

That is a fine looking build.  I love the look of the Hornet, especially wearing The Bones!!

I know what you mean about some of the Academy decals - their own decals are only fit for the bin, I've had them lift from the model after a few days!!!

Thank you!

12 hours ago, Red Dog said:

Terrific Hornet.

Paint job is superb. Top notch weathering to boot. Very realistic.

Thank you!

Academy decals not printed by cartograf are steaming piles of dog crap. 

I did this kit as well and it is very nice. Part of academy new line of hybrid snap fits with "MCP" (Multi colored parts). It builds into a very nice kit though. You did a really good job.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, F-32 said:

Lovely, looks really good :clap:

thank you!

32 minutes ago, Fox_Two said:

Academy decals not printed by cartograf are steaming piles of dog crap. 

I did this kit as well and it is very nice. Part of academy new line of hybrid snap fits with "MCP" (Multi colored parts). It builds into a very nice kit though. You did a really good job.

Thank you!