Avia B.35

A relatively quick build for my doing (under two weeks!) of the old KP Avia that I found in an online auction. No build report or anything, just a fun model of one of those kits that I always liked but never got around to actually building. It was nice to open the mail and see that awkwardly stapled box with the thin cardboard lid and the colourful (albeit somewhat yellowing) boxart. Finally I have one!

Basically it was build OoB, but I just had to add some extra detail. It received a cockpit interior, a radiator interior, a new rudder and pitot tube. Also the undercarriage was shortened about 0,8 mm and it got replacement wheels. The canopy was quite brittle and unfortunately it cracked from the sprue gate which was located in an awkward position. Maybe someday I'll get a vac for it; check back for that in 10+ years or so.
Markings are from when it left the Avia factory, so weathering was kept to a minimum. It was a tad late in the build that I realised that the roundels shouldn't have the blue border. Ah well..

Enjoy!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Cheers,
Luka

Edited by Luka
  • Like 18

Thanks all! 

I built some of these photo frame bases to pose my finished models on; a grassy field (this one), a sandy field, a snowy field, concrete slabs and wooden planks.