Airspeed Oxford Mk II, No780 NAS, 1949/50

Here's one of my builds for the 'In the Navy' GB, Special Hobby's RN boxing of their Airspeed oxford in 1/48th.

Built OOB largely not a bad build, see the thread here:

Main 'problems' but typical of this type of kit were lack of positive locations for things like the cowlings and associated fixtures and fittings, also the undercarriage was a bit fiddly.

I used Vallejo ModelAir Silver RLM 01 over Vallejo Grey Primer.  Decals went on perfectly without glossing first and no setting solutions. Just did a random spray of Vallejo Satin Varnish to get a slight variance in the finish. Some dark wash was used to bring out some detail.

Not perfect, my usual lack of patience won't let me spend more time to get a better fit and finish but I'm pleased with the outcome.

Davey.

DSC_0019 DSC_0017 DSC_0015 DSC_0014 DSC_0012 DSC_0018

• Like 26

You`ve done a fantastic job on this one,....... love the scheme you`ve chosen too,....... top notch!

Cheers

Tony

6 minutes ago, tonyot said:

You`ve done a fantastic job on this one,....... love the scheme you`ve chosen too,....... top notch!

Cheers

Tony

Thanks Tony, high praise indeed coming from an expert with the 'Hairy Stick', something I've yet to get to grips with again! 

Davey.

I see nothing wrong with the fit or the finish. In fact, it's the finish that really caught my eye. It's splendid!

• Like 1

Well this looks great to me.  I am sure it took a lot of work, but well worth it as this is an important aircraft and it certainly came out looking good.  

• Like 1

Thanks for all the kind comments. It sometimes became a bit of a chore but I must admit it looks good in the photos!

4 hours ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

That's perfect!  Really wonderful finish.  Aren't those Vallejo metallics great?  I swear by them now.  So easy to use and make repairs on.

Best,

Alex T.

Hi Alex, yes they spray well out of the bottle, I've used the Aluminium as well, really good finish either Airbrushed or 'hairy stick'.

Davey.