Miles M.14A "Magister" Mk.I.

Hi all…….Another one I'd like to call finished. 

The nice Special Hobby's Miles Magister Mk.I, a pleasant build of a not so often seen model. I really like building those "second line" planes wich, for one or other reason tend to be forgotten by some modellers. Maybe the clean look, maybe the colourful schemes, but surely a beautiful adition to any collection. It's an easy multimedia kit. Some fiddly PE parts to deal with, and a few tiny resin parts, but this is the final result. I used Humbrol enamel to represent the trainer yellow scheme, and Alclad II "Airframe aluminium" for the nose área. Hope you'll like it...

Best regards from Tenerife, and please stay safe….

49854135551_0bed13faa0_c.jpgIMG_20200425_202020 by Arturo Navarro, en Flickr

49854142336_fbd0620c75_c.jpgIMG_20200425_201943 by Arturo Navarro, en Flickr

49854125271_c84b31809c_c.jpgIMG_20200425_201913 by Arturo Navarro, en Flickr

49854119181_eec1923544_c.jpgIMG_20200425_201858 by Arturo Navarro, en Flickr

• Like 20

That's great, Artie, and the silver cowling really sets it off.

There used to be half a dozen privately owned Magisters at Denham, our local airfield in the UK, must dig out my ancient photos and build a civvy version.

Maybe get some brownie points from Moa.........

Rog

That’s a lovely rendition of the Magister Artie.  I’ve never seen one, or an illustration, with those markings on the spats: any idea which unit your subject’s from?  

I’m lucky to have the Shuttleworth Collection not far away (obviously it’s closed at present) and there’s a Magister and a very similar Falcon III there to be seen and enjoyed whenever possible.

(I ran into a couple of friends yesterday during my allotted exercise/essential shopping excursion who’d been stranded on your beautiful island when their flights home were cancelled: I just stood there wishing that I had been stranded with them.)

Stay safe.

Very nice build. Like the results you got with Alclad. Was the trainer yellow hard to paint?

Thanks for your kind words, Friends.....

The Alclad was sprayed at a very low psi, over a glossy black enamel base. On the other hand, the Humbrol Trainer Yellow was sprayed in three thin coats over a light grey enamel primer. 

According to the instructions sheet, those markings are for an 11th RFS, RAF, during late 38. It's noteworthy the use of the short tail, wich comes as a resin optional part.

Stever: thanks to our "early" lockdown and self isolation, we can be happy for the low contagion ratio here in the isles, as well as the fatalities. The three firts infected ones here were German tourists wich were quickly put under isolation at the Hospital. Then, an italian lady infected other tourists in the unfamous hotel in Adeje......

Comparing to mainland, we can say we live in a safe place, but must admit that people here is behaving in a more responsable way than in the continent. maybe the better weather conditions have something to do....

Keep safe…!!!! And enjoy model building…!!!