Hello everyone... Ok had to do some touchups on the decals today. Im not sure about the stars n bars as they are rather see through. And I don't have spares. Think I will just leave them as they are as they are original decals and thats what I would’ve used when I first built this.  hKP87WI.jpg
I touched up around the codes to help them show up a bit. 8Wd1AJw.jpg

Painted the instrument coaming, fuel caps, and the S/B no step area slipped while it was drying so I had to fill in around the decal.  0sxf1Pv.jpg

Weapons and Drop tank are done. I mocked up the landing gear and laid out the weapons under the wing. I placed the decals on the prop but forgot to photograph it. Please feel free to ask questions, post comments, and or add thoughts.

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 4

Morning everyone... Well other than satin coat on this its pretty much done.
9XOboTr.jpg

u0SV82h.jpg

3sVTYMt.jpg

And yes Ive already checked the prop turns quite freely in the engine.
Q5VCs45.jpg

It will need to wait for a few days. We have company over and I cant gas them out by spraying right now. Please feel free to ask questions, post comments, and or add thoughts. 

Dennis

• Like 5

Looking good Dennis, this model reminds me of my Dad's build he had in the loft years ago.  Always sticks out because of the turtle and the fact he mainly builds 1/32nd.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

That is a well tooled up Thunderbolt Dennis, looks great.

Hello Craig... Ive been trying to learn how to downsize images as Ive been asked to try so by a Mod. If you can can you check the size of these photo’s ? Ive been told to shoot for under 200 kb. Im just hoping to check if I'm getting closer with my experiments. 

Dennis

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, SoftScience said:

Really nice job,.Dennis.

What made you decide to close the canopy on the end?

And was the build satisfying for your nostalgia, or did it kill some childhood memories? :)

Thanks... the canopy is slidable just like monogram intended. I just posed it closed for the photo’s to show the clarity. 

• Like 1

Hi Dennis - that's a great result.

I know you have been trying out different picture sizes/settings and so on, however for me the build deserves bigger pictures - The Jug is a big old bird after all. 😀

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Well done Dennis she looks fantastic.

I hope she fully restored your mojo after the RF-4 issues.

A Monogram kit always makes me happy, they're what I built the most of until I was an adult. 

9 hours ago, GREG DESTEC said:

Great result Dennis 👍 The old Monogram kit still looks the part when built like yours. 

Cheers Greg 

Thanks Greg. 

8 hours ago, Jinxman said:

Hi Dennis - that's a great result.

I know you have been trying out different picture sizes/settings and so on, however for me the build deserves bigger pictures - The Jug is a big old bird after all. 😀

I may take more photo’s when I do a post up in aircraft RFI. Im just trying to learn my way with editing. So they will get better over time I hope. 

• Like 3