!/72 Academy P-47's

I used SuperScale Decal's 72-830, 61st & 63 FS/56th FG, which only had enough stencils for 1 plane so I didn't use any. Despite all the nigglies I quite happy with how they turned out.

IMG_2712

IMG_2701

IMG_2702

IMG_2705

IMG_2700

IMG_2703

IMG_2704

IMG_2698

IMG_2699

:cheers:

• Like 25

I was experimenting with various aluminum paints and a fine brush, but honestly I find it to bright for my taste so now I'm trying out silver a pencil on a Typhoon I'm wor

IMG_2687

• Like 2

This is actually a really good kit. Especially in price vs value. I think I got this for like $10. It builds up great but the decals are SO bad. 

You actually used the same aftermarket decals that I did! Those superscale ones are fantastic. You did a good job, looks great. Here's mine:

spacer.png

• Like 3

Yeah nice Jugs.

The pencil is my preferred method. A little more control for my liking.

One small criticism or improvement if you don't mind. The decals look great but a little too shiny as the rest of the aircraft is quite worn. Give them an overspray of very diluted paint to dull them down a bit. You could use the Olive drab for upper surfaces and the naetral grey for the underside ones.

Otherwise they look great.

• Like 1

Beautiful examples of the P-47 Razorback!

Perfect builds, both of them.

Inspires me to pull the 1/72 Academy Bubbletop P-47 out of my stash & get started.

🙂👍