Lindberg SE5a

For my next trick, I will be rebuilding Lindberg's ancient SE5a in 1/48.  

49852984377_9c3380faa4_c.jpg

This will be more of a 'traditional' model build, actually requiring glue, paint, decals... rigging 🥴  My original attempt at this kit ended up a gluey broken mess on the shelf of doom, so  I hope to have better results this time around.  I hope the fact that Lindberg didn't even rig the display model for the box top isn't some omen of bad fortune.  

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

Thanks Ted.  The striking 60 squadron scheme isn't included in the kit.  I think they chose it specifically to separate little boys & girls from their pocket money. A quick RAF serial search for the kit option 'C8740' reveals that it falls into the range of serials allotted to SE5a's.  That's it.

Edited by BlackAck
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

So, it's been some time since I posted on this build.  Here is my progress to date:

49905812702_c5ee33212f_c.jpg

The kit supplied instrument panel has been dressed up with some spare decals.  The layout is wholly fictional, but it's an improvement over what was originally supplied.  The kit supplied pilot dresses up quite nicely for a figure of this age.  He looks like he would be the type of man to have a name like Vivian or Crispin, or Ernest....

49904995243_915a04feb7_c.jpg

And here's everything taped up. There's next to no space once the pilot is in, so I'm even less worried about internal details.  Now for the bad news.  I have been informed that I am moving house in three weeks, so I'm not sure that I'll get this built before the move, but there will be time after, I'll do the most I can.  

• Like 4