MPM 1:48 Avia Av.135

Gents 

Just finished this one off the shelf of doom; the ancient MPM 1:48 Avia Av.135 vacform kit. It is actually a nice kit and I really enjoyed the build ; so much so it took me about 5 years to finish it. It was my first ever vacform and I learned a lot. Cockpit is scratch built as the kit parts are shoot ….Anyhows I also managed to lose all the extra rivet detail I put on the wings and made a royal cock-up with the vacumform cockpit forgetting to paint the coaming and putting the seat too far back BUT I did finish it in the colours its supposed to be in Czechoslovakia.

20200503_152540_zpsudamvjje.jpg

20200503_152429_zpsenndgxik.jpg

20200503_152402_zpsmehnumue.jpg

20200503_152558_zps8iral7lu.jpg

20200503_152637_zpsezdrrruu.jpg

Regards

Brian  

• Like 15

Nicely done.  I've just bought the RS 1/72 kit if this aircraft - I still have the KP B.35 to make in the Czech scheme so I was quite looking forward to the Bulgarian one.  However, and digressing from the thread almost shamelessly, the kit provides a splinter scheme for the wings to go with the plain green fuselage.  Can any B.135 enthusiasts confirm this?  (If they don't visit this page, what sort of enthusiasts are they?)

• Thanks 1

Hi Graham

I too pondered the very same question with regard to the Bulgarian colour scheme. The two colour scheme for the wings seems to be a more recent interpretation of the colour scheme as its not featured on the MPM scheme or many of the older art work pieces I have seen of the 135. 

Maybe some of the Bulgarians in here will know? 

Nicely done, a vacform kit, that's a challenge itself.

As for the Buigarian scheme, three was a two colour scheme on the top od wings and tail. 

Here it is well visible:

cB9GQZO.jpg

And this is my interpretation, resin Planet Models kit.

puQaDJ.jpg

Best regards

Hubert

• Like 2

One more confirmation for the dual tone camo on the upper wing and horizontal stabilizer surfaces of Bulgarian Avias. RLM 70/71 Dark Green and Black Green.

For the best English (even Bulgarian) language source, I highly recommend the two volumes Bulgarian Fighter Colours published by MPM. There's a review here on the site, these books are pure gold!

Edited by Ventsislav Gramatski
  • Thanks 1