1/35 Sd.Kfz 222  Leichter Panzerspähwagen 4x4  Tamiya

Hello,

this is my first kit, that I started and gave up years ago. Now it is still finished.

1/35 Sd.Kfz 222  Leichter Panzerspähwagen 4x4  Tamiya

1 Kompanie, 4. Kradschützen Battalion, 24. Panzerdivison, Südrussland 1942

I used for the first time the Airbrush gun. I painted the model with Vallejo Model Color German Grey (995) and lighten up with Grey Blue (943). Fot the weathering I used Citadel Washes and Vallejo Pigments. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Don Donato
Editing images...
  • Like 17

Sorry to butt into your first thread here, but I just bobbed in to check how things were progressing, and noticed that the pics were loading slowly.

I tested some of the pics, and they were up to 274kb in size, which isn't huge when posting up on the internet, but they were small (640 px wide) and still loading very slowly.  You should be aiming to save your files to around 200kb optimally, give or take a bit.  To accomplish this, you can increase the size of your pics up to the recommended 1024 x 800 maximum we advise, and optimise the pic so that it uses up less bandwidth.  Most people view these pics on phones, tablets and 1080p screens, so a tiny pic doesn't give much detail, as well as the extra bandwidth that is uses up by not optimising them.  The slow loading could be due to your host throttling perhaps?

The downsides of this from a viewer's point of view is the waiting time before you can view the pics then finding them to be too small to see good detail, and some people might get bored and click away.  From the server's point of view, it's wasteful of bandwidth, storage size (we cache images to improve speed), and it's also wasteful of the server's resources, which means a slower experience for all of us.

This isn't meant as a "telling off" BTW, more of a bit of useful advice to help you as well as help us.  If you can size your pics to the recommended limits, we'll be really happy, and so will the members :)

It seems counter-intuitive to be telling someone to increase the size of their pics, but as it also includes the optimisation, your pic size in KB won't change much, which is nice :yes:

I’m a big fan of these classic Tamiya kits and you have a really good build there, the detail painting is great, good job 🙂