Sd.kfz.234/1 Tamiya/Italeri 1/35

Hi Pierre, brilliant just brilliant.  You've a real eye for the paintwork, both the 8 rad and the figure are excellent. 

Cheers

Darryl 

Thank you very much.

Simon: i did a pin wash with raw umber and black. Then a coat of glossy varnish. Then some dots of raw umber blurred with a flat brush to make shadows.

I have painted again the face of the figure. I would like to have yet the book of David Parker but takes a long time to arrive due to lockdown..

49882797952_84e9d529ef_b.jpgIMG_0492 by

Take care 

Pierre

Edited by pierre Giustiniani
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, robw_uk said:

oh very nice... pin washes are the one area I struggle with. Do you do them over gloss or matt finish?

Rob, if you are using a spirit based material for the pin wash (ie; Mig), do it over a gloss surface. If you do it on a matt surface, it acts like a sponge and it spreads. Filters on the other hand go over a matt surface as the spreading effect is beneficial.

HTHs

John.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi ,Pierre,

That's a beauty. I like washed-out colour, the tyres and especially the figure.  Your Panzerspahwagen is much better than the one I made a few years ago and which, for some unknown reason, fell to bits! I've since tried to buy the same kit online but haven't managed to find it anywhere. So was yours from 'the stash' or did you purchase it recently?

Reaguards,

Badder

• Like 1

18 hours ago, robw_uk said:

oh very nice... pin washes are the one area I struggle with. Do you do them over gloss or matt finish?

Hello Rob

As John said glossy varnish (x22 tamiya very diluted or klir -future- with flat brush).

i don’t use anymore washes from any brand. I do it with fine oil (very interesting for the choice of the color) and i can precisely dilute it (less or more pigments) with Abteilung oil thinner. With a small round brush it takes some time but you keep paint clean.

Cheers

pierre

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Badder said:

Hi ,Pierre,

I've since tried to buy the same kit online but haven't managed to find it anywhere. So was yours from 'the stash' or did you purchase it recently?

Reaguards,

Badder

hello Badder

i had it in the stash since two or three years. There are some on ebay but quite expensive. Maybe try the one from Dragon.

i will look in my local store.
regards

pierre

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, pierre Giustiniani said:

hello Badder

i had it in the stash since two or three years. There are some on ebay but quite expensive. Maybe try the one from Dragon.

i will look in my local store.
regards

pierre

Cheers Pierre.

By the way, I forgot to ask, did your kit have the motorcycle dispatch rider as well?  That was one part I never made, but the bike will come in very handy for a diorama set piece.

Rearguards,

Badder

Hello

On 5/19/2020 at 11:17 AM, Badder said:

Cheers Pierre.

By the way, I forgot to ask, did your kit have the motorcycle dispatch rider as well?  That was one part I never made, but the bike will come in very handy for a diorama set piece.

Rearguards,

Badder

Yes Badder it was present.

I used it to represent the defeat.

Regards

Pierre

49920415097_fab820cc03_b.jpg

• Like 13

Excellent work Pierre, the little vignette really finishes it off nicely. 

Looking forward to seeing some more pictures of it.

:partytime:

Darryl 

Nice dio that Pierre :yes:.....wish I had more space for them....I'd have a crack at one. The bike is a nice touch...gives it some presence and aligns with the sign post, and gives it a moment in feel....very successful.

Regards

Simon.