Sd.kfz.234/1 Tamiya/Italeri 1/35

Hello fellow modelers

Well, lockdown is quite propice to build kits who were sleeping on the shelves.

This kit was initially issued by Italeri (Puma) in 1980 and i am very pleasantly surprised by the quality and the precision of assemblies.

Usually i'm an aircraft builder and i must confess that building AFV is really something pleasant. Painting stage comes quickly :)

Suspension arms, direction, lower and upper hulls are glued without any trap.

Some more to glue and then the painting stage; probably DaK covered by whitewash.

Take care. Cheers.

Pierre

49849636926_d698318e81_b.jpg

49849636896_3d805b61f9_b.jpg

49851293792_7276c17ca2_b.jpg

Edited by pierre Giustiniani
  • Like 6

Nice start. And yes lockdown was the kick i needed to get building again - and must say I am really enjoying the hobby again. Some straightforward builds balanced with interesting paint schemes needing me to practice masking. And then a bit of scratchbuilding to string one build out a while. Look forward to more of this build, for some reason have a soft spot for the shape of this vehicle eventhough I have never built one.

• Like 1

Should be interesting,  sure I've one of these tucked away somewhere.

Just be careful coming from aeroplanes, I did the same a few years ago and haven't left, now means I've two stashes of unbuilt kits!:rolleyes:

Good luck

Darryl 

• Like 1

I love 8 rad afv’s 234/1. I have it in the pipeline. Maybe next future😉. Great work on chipping👍.

ciao

Filippo

Nice work Pierre......you do get through them speedily 🤨, fast work, but nice clean lines and weathering at just the right amount........?

regards

Simon

PS..... your no relation to Giustiniani, last defender of Constantinople are you..😁

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, pierre Giustiniani said:

Thank you Simon

Concerning the relation to the last defender of Constantinople i don't think so...but who knows :)

A step forward, almost all the accessories are in place:

49871261637_90c799ccc8_b.jpg

49870423903_ca2ee795b9_b.jpg

49870423998_f71215b920_b.jpg

Cheers

Pierre

Yeah, I know. Just I have been watching a series on Netflix about the Ottoman Empire.... and he played a big part. But as you say....you never know. Nice 8 wheel you have done. I have the same, but by Dragon. Have to get on to it one day

keep up the good work 👍

regards

Simon

• Like 1

Superb,  goes to show you don't need to spend a lot on an expensive modern kit to get excellent results.

Paintwork and weathering is excellent. 

The mesh screen over the turret, is that plastic or metal and came with the kit?

Cheers 

Darryl 

• Like 2

thank you Simon, Thank you John

The mesh screen comes from a little (and thick) fret of PE included in the box. The frame is little bit fragile but the fit is perfect.

Adding some accessories, earth and splash mud. Not to much cause i have always the fear to over done.

49873509641_06202f2da0_b.jpg

49873509546_b9801d3a72_b.jpg

49872975998_b9a526e724_b.jpg

Edit: i have erase some chipping on jerrycans. It was too visible. Add also white cross on grey Jerrycan.

49873881166_2437a36721_b.jpg

Edited by pierre Giustiniani
  • Like 6