My collection 2012 - 2020

Hi everyone

I hope you are all keeping well in these very trying times that we are living in. I am one of the lucky ones who is still at work (key worker) but it's meant that I haven't had any time for modelling,

Yesterday after a sudden rush of blood to the head I decided to clean my workshop which in turn meant I cleaned my modelling cabinets and their contents. So I thought I'd show, in

chronological order my entire model collection starting with my first model, built in 2012 after a 20 year plus gap from modelling the rather splendid Eduard 1/48 Spitfire Mk IX..

eduard 1-48 spit mkix

Built OOB except for after market decals from Xtradecal.

eduard 1-48 p47

next up my Eduard P47D Thunderbolt again built OOB except for decals from Xtradecal..

hasegawa 1-48 hurricane

the Hasegawa 1/48 Hurricane finished as a night fighter, this was the first model where I painted all of the national insignia (I just noticed that I've managed to break the antenna wire)

airfix 1-48 javelin

The mighty Airfix 1/48 Javelin again with after market decals from Xtradecal..

airfix 1-48 spit

Airfix 1/48 Spitfire Mk1..

airfix 1-72 shack

Airfix 1/72 Shackleton..

tamiya 1-48 mossi

Tamiya 1/48 Mosquito

tamiya 1-48 spit

Tamiya 1/48 Spitfire Mk1

tamiya 1-32 spit mk iv

Tamiya 1/32 Spitfire MkIXV

tamiya 1-32 p51D

Tamiya 1/32 Mustang MkIV

hasegawa 1-48 typhoon

Hasegawa 1/48 Typhoon Mk1b

airfix 1-48 defiant

Airfix 1/48 Defiant

airfix 1-72 blenheim

Airfix 1/72 Blenhiem

airfix 1-72 b17

Airfix 1/72 B17..

airfix 1-72 dak

Airfix 1/72 Dakota..

airfix 1-48 hurricane

Airfix 1/48 Hurricane..

eduard 1-48 spit mkixe

And finally my Eduard 1/48 Spitfire MkIXe with all the after market that I could throw at it including the Brassin Merlin engine, cockpit, gun bays, master barrels and all 

the insignia and markings were painted using Montex masks rather than decals.

Thanks for indulging me

Iain

• Like 52

34 minutes ago, MarcNewitt said:

Love them all but that Javelin is amazing!

Marc

23 minutes ago, exdraken said:

Nice!

Thr Javelin looks mighty impressive!(I am a jet guy ;))

Here are a few  more of the Javelin that I took back in 2017..

Created with Photo Editor- http://axiem.net/editor

.. And thank you for your kind words (and yes the Javelin IS awesome!)

Iain

• Like 7

2 hours ago, polybebber said:

Stunning collection, impossible to pick a favourite :thumbsup:

Lothar

Cheers Lothar

1 hour ago, Harry Lime said:

Cracking collection there! :clap:

Mark.

Cheers buddy

1 hour ago, rob85 said:

That’s a feast for the eyes, fantastic work!

Rob

You are way too kind

1 hour ago, Fensman said:

HI did you use the high dynamic Range setting for your pictures. I love the weathering effects but the range of contrast is too low for a straight jpg

Hiya, I took the photos on my Iphone 10 yesterday in the garden and just uploaded them and added the border and text. How can I make the pictures better?

And thanks for the kind words

53 minutes ago, Marcin Wojciechowski said:

Very nice collection.

Thank you

41 minutes ago, Wulfman said:

Super collection, great work !

Wulfman

Cheers bud.

Cheers

Iain

Wow that Javelin! I can imagine that sitting on QRA rotation on the ORP at RAF Waterbeach. Such a beast and the weathering is fantastic (as is with all of your models)

Marc

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MarcNewitt said:

Wow that Javelin! I can imagine that sitting on QRA rotation on the ORP at RAF Waterbeach. Such a beast and the weathering is fantastic (as is with all of your models)

Marc

Thank you 👍

Very nice on each and everyone. When you pick a kit you go for the top of the line kit on every project. I'm envious of your collection . Very nice.

Todder

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Todders said:

Very nice on each and everyone. When you pick a kit you go for the top of the line kit on every project. I'm envious of your collection . Very nice.

Todder

Cheers Todder

26 minutes ago, Ron Pearcy said:

Awesome. 

😀 thank you

9 minutes ago, Neil.C said:

Absolutely magnificent Iain.

I loved them all!

Thank you Neil.

👍

Your builds are museum quality. The Spitfire with the exposed engine is eye watering. What a challenging build that must have been. I too am more a jet person than I am a prop guy and the Javelin definitely caught my eye. Grand build, the weathering and cockpit are superb. I'm curious to know if the Javelin is a difficult build.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

That's a great collection Lain !!

Thanks for sharing it !!

It's very inspiring !!

Sincerely.

CC

Hey CC, thanks buddy 👍

4 hours ago, SAT69 said:

Your builds are museum quality. The Spitfire with the exposed engine is eye watering. What a challenging build that must have been. I too am more a jet person than I am a prop guy and the Javelin definitely caught my eye. Grand build, the weathering and cockpit are superb. I'm curious to know if the Javelin is a difficult build.

Hey, yes the Spitfire certainly tried my patience at times but as for the Javelin I don't recall it causing any problems and thanks for the kind words.

1 hour ago, Antb said:

Super collection there mate! 

Hey Ant, cheers buddy.

1 hour ago, klubman01 said:

Classy, each one of them.

Thank you.

• Like 1

Excellent collection - very nice variety of weathering as well, gives each extra character.

To all modellers experiencing 'must clean workshop' syndrome: Sit in a dark room and breathe deeply until the urge passes. If that doesn't work, self medicate with alcohol. Sadly in these trying times you can't just call an ambulance, you will just have to tough it out. We are working on a vaccine.

Edited by TallBlondJohn
  • Like 1