Matchbox 1/76 Diamond T Tank Transporter

This kit has been sitting started in my stash for literally years. With my current covid confinement, I pulled it out and finished it off. It's OOTB with the exception of hollowing out the trailer ramps and chocks as I have seen in photos. Makes it more interesting I think. I also added all the stowage to fill up all that space in the back of the truck and on the trailer and the glazing in the truck windows. Left the driver side one part way down. Kit was typical Matchbox. Detail was a bit mushy and fit was problematic in places. But it's the only injection molded one in this scale, so it's your only choice. 

IMG_20200502_161207

IMG_20200502_161236

IMG_20200502_161314

IMG_20200502_161257

IMG_20200502_161247

IMG_20200502_161348

• Like 25

Great job. If you don't mind me saying, something that would improve it a lot would be to replace the mirror arms with some thin rod or wire.

John.

Yeah, I agree about the mirror arms. Right now they look like large iron pipes, but it was the end of the build when they were added and it was only destined for my shelf, so I begged off changing them as I headed into a another project. 

• Like 1

A very neat and crisp build. This and the Char B were the only Matchbox 1/76 vehicle sets I didn't make as a lad. You've done it proud. 

• 6 months later...