RAF Sky Pirate , Gulf War Airfix XM533 Glenfarclas finished! 1/48

4 minutes ago, Muzz said:

Looking forward to seeing your build Werner!👍

Me too! Really!

Mast last weeks' modelling output is dire... so with the lifting of some restrictions here I do hope mojo comes back!

A new project can only help, no? ;)

• Like 1

New projects definitely help, that's why I keep starting new ones without finishing the last!😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

We definitely need a pink one.  Those sheets look like you have a full set of options. 

I was checking my 2 kit boxing for spare wingtips and noticed the RAF kit is missing all the weapons sprue. Is yours the same? 

Colin 

5 hours ago, Colin W said:

We definitely need a pink one.  Those sheets look like you have a full set of options. 

I was checking my 2 kit boxing for spare wingtips and noticed the RAF kit is missing all the weapons sprue. Is yours the same? 

Colin 

hi, yes, a pink one!  ;)

regarding weapons, I did not miss them, as it is my first Bucc kit... but the Navy one definitely has some.

My RAF bag had the targeting pod, tanks and Sidewinder missile and pylon included... so kind of a target marker/ Tornado support jet. Also some sea eagles included if I remember correctly. no dumb bombs or rocket pods.

Started with cleaning the Neomega cockpit and gave it a heavy dark grey wash prior to painting....

detail looks exquisit! :)

photos soon I hope ;)

• Like 2

some quick and dirty photos

xSAsRi4.jpg

really nice and crisp detail on the pit

a quick setup and crude pre-washing before the actual painting...

imxmP3h.jpg

7p5oMNm.jpg

cheers,

Werner

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

got some more stuff lately

IKEcFYd.jpg

not sure what of the PE to use yet..

cockpit is glued inside by now, some more paint and decal/ dial work done as well....

QM1zcGV.jpg

ptr3yZ4.jpg

somehow it does not want to get really started it seems :(

now the hard part comes.... closing her up! ---

• Like 5

On 7/3/2020 at 12:54 PM, Col. said:

That's an interesting approach to the intake issues Werner. Hopefully it works out well :) 

yeah... I too hope! ;)

my pace is as slow as it can get still calling it pace....

no glue, no clamps:

oKe3vFy.jpg

bbTJjmS.jpg

oGC1YDV.jpg

I do hope that with lots of dry-fitting it will finally drop into place....  ... ... ... ...

• Like 3

so, after lots of head ache (fear?? ;) ) it seems that my closure has worked.... on this kit kind of equivalent to erecting the roof on a house....

v4l0Mgo.jpg

O8aknx5.jpg

lets see how all looks when settled and cured , some amount of filler will be needed, but does not look like too much actually... fingers crossed!

• Like 3

The dry fitting looks a lot better than on many of the same kits so it seems you've one of the nicer examples :) 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Col. said:

The dry fitting looks a lot better than on many of the same kits so it seems you've one of the nicer examples :) 

ITkydaf.jpg

lSe0LYR.jpgLQI7Sxy.jpgpadEHYQ.jpg

had some issues with the nose contour, so I re-glued it to have  a more straight appearance... at first it seemed to point up slightly :(

2C2F19O.jpg

so, some further cleanup, and then wings and airbrake (which I fear a bit..... should I leave it open???)

• Like 4

15 hours ago, exdraken said:

...airbrake (which I fear a bit..... should I leave it open???)

Up to you Werner but there's photos showing the airbrake closed on the ground.

• Thanks 1

You’ve done a great job on the Fuselage Werner. Re the airbrakes - yes they can be closed on the ground but if my experience of building them closed is anything to go by, open might be less stressful!

• Like 1