Spitfire XVI

Built from the old 1/48 ICM kit. I used resin exhausts, gun barrels and propeller blades, and the moving part of the canopy was replaced with a vacuformed one (the kit part was shot short in my box). Markings were painted using Montex masks.

spitfire_XVI_03.jpg

spitfire_XVI_01.jpg

spitfire_XVI_02.jpgspitfire_XVI_03.jpgspitfire_XVI_04.jpgspitfire_XVI_05.jpgspitfire_XVI_06.jpgspitfire_XVI_07.jpgspitfire_XVI_08.jpg

• Like 48
  • Thanks 2

Lovely Spitfire! I particularly like the weathered finish you've achieved, capturing the look of a well used machine but stopping short of the extremes which are somewhat OTT! Beautiful!

Oooh Nice.

Just goes to show that those ICM Spits can turn out nice with a bit of TLC.

Well done

1 hour ago, bearmatt said:

What paints did you use?

Paints are from Mr. Paint. I love their paints, but I'm not sure how accurate their RAF colors are, they are quite different from what I have used previously. The MRP ocean grey is bluish and the green is brownish compared to the Gunze colors.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My congrats to you for such a superb finish!  Do you recall if the Mr Paint colors used were for “RAF Ocean Grey” or general “Ocean Grey”??  I am working on an Eduard kit and want the same color. Again it is superb!

Edited by 28ZComeback

33 minutes ago, 28ZComeback said:

My congrats to you for such a superb finish!  Do you recall if the Mr Paint colors used were for “RAF Ocean Grey” or general “Ocean Grey”??  I am working on an Eduard kit and want the same color. Again it is superb!

I used the WW II RAF colors MRP-110, 112 and 115, all lightened with white.

I was going to ask what paint you had used, but saw that the question had been asked and answered above.  The reason I wanted to know is that I thought they were spot-on.  Lovely finish.

Rgds

Martin