Cookie the Mustang

Last November, I got to go on the trip of a lifetime: a trip to England with @Procopius and @Navy Bird, hosted by @CedB himself. Recent world events have only painted memories of that trip in an even more magical light. While at the Telford show, @rob85 gave me this:

tnRv4uJg_o.jpg

Rob replaced the sprues inside the Revell 'Cookie' box with Airfix, what a guy!

I built this kit as my return to modelling after a much too long hiatus in the recently completed Mustang STGB, here.

This past weekend, I found my light box and took some pics of my latest builds, including 'Cookie'.

97fgokfB_o.jpg

I just noticed that one of the prop blades got bent during a recent move, oh well.

2KcFCN6g_o.jpg

KgHYuzq4_o.jpg

IuV8DbwT_o.jpg

aHc62KM9_o.jpg

qlS8jrtV_o.jpg

Jq8D6fIo_o.jpg

Until next time Rob!

• Like 41
  • Thanks 1

She’s such a cracking build cookie, great work!

as I’ve said a pleasure to meet you, and a little mustang is nothing for all the support and help you have given me.

cheers mate.

Rob

• Like 4

Wonderful Cookie Mustang, Cookie ! :clap: :D

I forgot how effective the weathering came out on this - and I love that B&W pic!

Ciao

• Thanks 1

Gorgeous. I was just thinking about our trip this morning...probably why Branston pickle and wine gums found their way into my groceries.

• Like 3

Now THAT's what this Cookie's supposed to look like!
I must admit, I clicked the link and prepared for some horror that is the Revell kit, and much effort and skill of the modeler would be wasted on the misshapen plastic. How dare they still even sell that as a P-51?! 
Great decals though, and thus I was delighted by this great looking build.

Edited by Luka
  • Like 1

Thanks for the kind comments all, and hope everyone is well!

23 hours ago, Procopius said:

Gorgeous. I was just thinking about our trip this morning...probably why Branston pickle and wine gums found their way into my groceries.

Mmmm...wine gums.

22 hours ago, Avereda said:

Great stuff, great memories.

It was such an ideal trip, a different museum (or two) everyday and getting to meet excellent Britmodellers along the way.

21 hours ago, noelh said:

Brilliant, C'mon spill the beans you must have gad some hilarious moments with your Brit buddies. 

PC chronicled the whole adventure in this thread, and yes there may have been a little hilarity. 😀

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1