My First Tank WIP (Tamiya 1/48 Panther Ausf. D)

spacer.png

spacer.png

Hello everyone!

This is my first attempt at a tank having gotten back into the hobby a short while ago after MANY years absence.

Previously i had only painted LOTR warhammer miniatures for my brother to game with though now i find myself looking at aircraft, tanks and trucks (and diorama!).

Anyways, i bought an airbrush and set about building and painting this chap, it is coming along but still has a long way to go with weathering (can't decide how severe or in what fashion to do it atm.) and washing/highlighting.

The tracks have been preliminarily weathered but will have work done to the wheels and then possibly blended with a small diorama style base eventually.

Really great to be back at it and comments welcome.

• Like 1

Well, i had a good go at it today and am much nearer completion now. 

Did some oil dot filtering for the first time (and loved it) and then set about weathering/dirtying the model.

Still got exhausts, some small detail parts and hatch cover to finish but mostly there.

Varnish is still drying and will get a second coat no doubt but yeah please let me know what you think as it's my first! 😄

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Tank is still being worked on but got myself a static grass applicator and a load of different grasses to go with and built this diorama base for it to perch on when complete.

This hobby is starting to get expensive 😄

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png