1/100 1960s Navy S.2 ++ FINISHED ++

On 7/8/2020 at 10:17 PM, Col. said:

Another step forward is always good progress Cliff :) 

On 7/14/2020 at 7:36 PM, nimrod54 said:

That's looking really sharp Cliff.

Thanks Gents :)

On 7/15/2020 at 2:46 PM, John said:

I've had a soft spot for these Tamiya kits for years, but I think the only time I built the Bucc it was a Revell rebox. 

1/100th scale has had a huge upsurge in the last few years as 15mm wargaming scale. There's loads of armour and aircraft out there. 

John 

It's interesting John, that there are new 1/100 scale aircraft kits starting to appear.  I've got the Victrix Typhoon and Stuka kits, both of which are light years ahead the previous 1960s offerings (thank goodness!).

Modelling wise, the Buccaneer is now my priority and I've started to get some colour on.

P1110547.JPG

I'm not convinced by my choice for the canopy framing - I'm pretty sure that I've gone too yellow.  What do you think folks?

Cheers

Cliff

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Looks really nice. A nifty bit of double masking on the yellow too!

I’ve seen pictures of SAAF ones with longer slipper tanks so hopefully you got the RN ones.

Did yours have the ECM pods on the wings? They seemed to come in sometime during the 1960s.

It’s nice to see some other action on the GB too - I was getting a bit lonely!

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

Looks really nice. A nifty bit of double masking on the yellow too!

Thanks Adrian, but I'm just sticking a few bits together.  Nothing like your superb efforts :worthy:.

I've no idea about the ECM pods, but to be honest at this stage my Bucc won't be getting any, regardless!

I'm struggling to get much done on BritModeller at the moment (either posting or commenting) - there seems to be too much other stuff to catch up on, now that I'm emerging from my Covid bunker :winkgrin:.

Cheers

• Like 1

On 7/27/2020 at 7:07 AM, Jabba said:

Nice finish with the paint work.

Thank you Jabba :).

It's all finished now and I've kept the super-glossy finish.  It's probably too much (particularly at this scale), but does catch the light nicely in the cabinet!

P1110558.JPG

Thank you to all who have supported this build and to @Col. more hosting :cheers:

Cheers

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 years later...