zvezdas 1/200 kruzenshtern

this is going to be my next project , had it for a while , sails look like they could be hard work , but we wait and see ,

spacer.png

their are 3 of these sprues

spacer.png

ratlines

spacer.png

spacer.png

hull

spacer.png

sails , lots of sails .

spacer.png

• Like 4

That looks to be a nice kit, and you have made a good start. The hull looks really crisply painted.

I am looking forward to seeing more!

Ray

thanks for that ray , this is a photo of the two halves glued together , took me nearly a day and a half , forgot to take a pic of how out of shape the two pieces were , I used that much tape because the pieces are so flimsy , that when I took the tape of , half the paint came with it .😡  but that's modeling I suppose , 

spacer.png

• Like 3

looks funny seeing a sail ship like this with RIB and life raft canisters you would be expecting whalers and cannons instead :book:

beefy

started painting the masts ,

spacer.png

the lateen yards and sails masked ready .

spacer.png

yards sorted

spacer.png

I'm thinking of colouring the sails , has anyone ever done this to plastic sails ? if so , any suggestions please .

spacer.png

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

Hello, Steve 5!
I was very glad to see this ship again. I used to often see her here in St. Petersburg on the Neva.
Your Kruzenshtern turned out to be very beautiful.

I saw your build late, but maybe my little remark will be useful to you in the future.
The containers of life rafts (barrels) on Russian ships are always white. This is standard equipment. They are made of white plastic and they are never painted.

Good luck in your future work!

spacer.png

• Like 2