Blakes7 Liberator

Hi everyone,

I'm working on a two foot long version of the Liberator, from Blakes7. Right now, I'm stumped for reference images of the engine. I need pictures of all the white lines, particularly from the rear, but can find very little on google images. Can anyone help?

Cheers.

Hi,

i have a set of images of the drive section from Martin Bowers's Studio scale Liberator.

Ignoring the argument of it's originality it is failtful in it's detailing and i think these will be what you're looking for as photos of the large filming model from back in the day are virtually non existant and Matt's Lib has lost a lot of the engine detail due to it's ditressed condition.

Drop me a PM with your details & i'll dig them out for you.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Sage the Owl said:

Hi,

i have a set of images of the drive section from Martin Bowers's Studio scale Liberator.

Ignoring the argument of it's originality it is failtful in it's detailing and i think these will be what you're looking for as photos of the large filming model from back in the day are virtually non existant and Matt's Lib has lost a lot of the engine detail due to it's ditressed condition.

Drop me a PM with your details & i'll dig them out for you.

Martin Bower did the surface detailing on the original studio model, so I would think his details are correct to the first appearance of the model on screen(it could have been modified for later episodes).

I remember an Article by Mat Irvine in Scale Models many years ago where he mentioned that there were two models used for filming and dimensions and details varied between the two and neither was the "Definitive Liberator".

I've seen someone build this somewhere before and I'm sure it was a 6' long model now I will have to try and find it again.

Just been on google images (to try and find the one I mentioned) there are literally 100s of pics (even one site that has pics of all the other ships the liberator came up against) I just typed in google Blake's 7 liberator and selected images.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I use flickr, share using the BBcode at a medium resolution, dont use the insert image URL on here  just copy and paste the bb code directly, and remove the end  part of the code as not needed , a bit of trial and error regarding the uneeded code.

Edited by pockets
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 29/05/2020 at 23:39, pockets said:

I use flickr, share using the BBcode at a medium resolution, dont use the insert image URL on here  just copy and paste the bb code directly, and remove the end  part of the code as not needed , a bit of trial and error regarding the uneeded code.

Ok. Pictures up on Flickr. Will try and put some on here tonight.

• Like 1

Wow. It worked. That's the kit in it's original form-warts and all. There are significant errors, which I've tried to rectify. I'm happy anyway, with my progress. Here's some more. The sequence runs from the unglued raw 3d print, through to where it's at today.

IMG_20200316_185058

IMG_20200318_160940

IMG_20200415_190733

IMG_20200506_140201

IMG_20200506_200702

IMG_20200507_124311

IMG_20200507_145624

IMG_20200527_162016

IMG_20200528_123156

IMG_20200624_142008

IMG_20200624_195812

IMG_20200625_094418