Hasegawa 1/72 RAAF F/A-18F Super Hornet

Latest off the bench is the Hasegawa 1/72 F/A-18F Super Hornet.

I built this kit using an Eduard detail set and RAAF decals from Ronin, as well as some bombs from the Hasegawa 1/72 U.S. Bombs and Rocket Launcher kit.

This was my first time using an extensive PE detail set, which included cockpit, canopy and external details. I particularly struggled with the external details and canopy PE. If anyone has some tips for handling PE during the build process, please let me know.   Whilst I think the results look good, I think my next few kits will be purely OOB for a breather.

This particular scheme and loadout was based on a few photos of this particular aircraft on Operation Okra in the Middle East in 2017 (see below). 

Cheers

First, the references:

y4mM7tnKsvDovn2md2n3ATdxPN1VCd4gtcPZdcZM

y4mTydC0NuEv2bYVZeGgf9dfwMBuUtDEAYlNqnB2

And my version:

y4mKdnEsLScz6ziLZzJp5T7oRf276ez4OqN7r-z_

y4myXVctqW2SZgn_SePk5EYwuaRsHj_dz0pVcHix

y4mSju5tW_ki0ljoMkhu5L1fbBrztLUObDaOpmrc

y4mb-Des_vdTNGviVJ_j_MQWowdgtRGtif--I20A

y4m3v0TR3QIKJltpWjyT1PhwmyonfWScnUxT9zJl

y4m5EJChL_7ZTPtte-7Xun3rQsgtKwP0EELtUvBs

y4m1pMrJDVF-0VEzOd5bMMbf-wX-BxXCAMoHS_oJ

y4mBPK20dJmeH2VX1ki0NzgORG0OSekJZDXw-M6T

y4mngS7mvpOlbeTGstDq8MjxqPqVrcy55Nj3kl72

• Like 24

When I first glanced at the first photo, I thought I was looking at a picture of completed models. I had to look again to realize they were real planes. Talk about seeing things in reverse! Your model is beautiful and the asymmetric load out will make it a definite conversation piece in your collection. 

Nicely done Lewis, I see no issues with the PE, I have the same problems handling and fixing it into position.

Your build and weathering looks excellent IMHO, I hope when I get around to mine it will look as good. I have the self adhesive PE for my cockpit and that will be as far as I go with it.

:thumbsup: