Revell USS Voyager

The year was 1996. The year of Euro '96 and that Gareth Southgate penalty, of Alanis Morrisette and the Spice Girls, and I imagine other things happened too. For a sci-fi geek like me, however, the big moment was the (UK) launch of a new Star Trek series, Voyager, with the franchise's first (white) female captain, a promise of some interesting outlandish places to discover, as the ship was lost millions of miles from Earth, and most importantly a brand new starship. The show never held great interest for me and I think I gave up on watching it religiously after season 3 or so, but I remember visiting Toys 'R' Us (RIP) at the time and picking up a brand new model kit of the titular ship. I'd been used to building the AMT ships, but this "Revell" company were new to me. It was a decent model and I had fun with it, although back then I didn't really have the patience to build it properly, nevertheless it was a fond memory.

Thankfully, it's been reissued a couple of times by Revell, and the latest rebox includes the shuttle that was only included in a later Special Edition version of the kit, released by Monogram in the US I believe. So she's ready for a proper build this time, ready for priming - let's see what the weather does here, as I usually spray outside. For the moment, here's the obligatory sprue shot, as well as a pic of the original issue box art. LLAP.

BB5cMd6K_t.jpg

1aQT6OP3_t.jpg

Edited by moviedrone
  • Like 7

Ah. Looks like you're trying to hotlink from Google Photos, the links quickly expire so it doesn't really work for forums. 

Try one of these options instead:

• Like 2

Well I did some priming and it turns out this kit is not especially great. Dry fitting revealed a few fixes needed, including big spaces on the secondary hull, so that'll be fun. Flash (aa-aaah) everywhere, too.

UfEy6Qwp_t.jpg

VFGIsG4c_t.jpg

Edited by moviedrone
  • Like 2