Corona builds April: F-100, Su-7, Mirage all1/48

My output has doubled recently, after three in March I built another three in April. Quick and dirty.

First is Trumpy`s F100. OOB, only Eduard masks:

spacer.pngspacer.png

Next is the old SU-7 kit, built from the Revell boxing. Some AM used: New Ware masks, Master tubes, QB air scoops, Hi Line decals. Wheel well covers scratch built.

I am no so content with the nile valley camo, the earth tone should be darker:

ozpZoUSx_o.jpg

spacer.png

Finally Eduard`s Shachak. Completely OOB.

I am not good at free-hand spraying, especially the brown should have been done better:

spacer.pngspacer.png

Thanks for looking! Stay healthy and well and keep on modelling.

Volker

• Like 29

I especially like the F-100. You represented very well the heat affects of the engine on the surface of the rear fuselage. Nicely done. Can you tell me how the Trumpeter F-100 compares to the Monogram/Revell 1/48 F-100D? I've built that kit but not the Trumpeter and for me the Monogram/Revell kit presents build issues.

1 hour ago, SAT69 said:

I especially like the F-100. You represented very well the heat affects of the engine on the surface of the rear fuselage. Nicely done. Can you tell me how the Trumpeter F-100 compares to the Monogram/Revell 1/48 F-100D? I've built that kit but not the Trumpeter and for me the Monogram/Revell kit presents build issues.

The Trumpeter kit did not have any issues at all. Fit was great and the cockpit is fine even OOB. I never built the Monogram kit, so I can not compare, but I can sure recommend the Trumpy kit.

Wow, very nice models, all 3!

I wish I had this outputnin the last 2 months... (0)

As you are talking camos yourself:

I love the nile camo one, yeah probsbly a bit different to what is usually reported, but with these rare subjects you csn never be 100% sure ;)

I was more astonished to see it with Algerian markings though!! Have to read thst up!

The Murage on the other hand looks like a bit wrong in shades.... did you mix up some colors with the currrent Israeli 3 tone?

Thanks, but again, really great , good looking models !

:thumbsup:

10 hours ago, chris148 said:

Great builds,like the mirage,got mine on the bench waiting for the time to start it,how was it to build ?

I had read before that it is a difficult build, but I found it OK. Some dryfitting will help.

The decals were difficult though. My recommendation: Cut the red lines in pieces and apply them one after the other in pieces of 5cm each. I had a hell of a time with them and had to cut them when they were already wet.

Volker

2 hours ago, exdraken said:

Wow, very nice models, all 3!

I wish I had this outputnin the last 2 months... (0)

As you are talking camos yourself:

I love the nile camo one, yeah probsbly a bit different to what is usually reported, but with these rare subjects you csn never be 100% sure ;)

I was more astonished to see it with Algerian markings though!! Have to read thst up!

The Murage on the other hand looks like a bit wrong in shades.... did you mix up some colors with the currrent Israeli 3 tone?

Thanks, but again, really great , good looking models !

:thumbsup:

You hit a point there.

Last month I built three kits and only for the F-100 I had the correct paint. For the IAF Mirage I did not have any, so I chose the nearest of what I had. I know some people would not do anything like that. Well, I do sometimes.🙂

For the the SU-7 I had the correct light green tone. So I needed a blackgreen (RLM70?) and a brown tone. I made a test on paper and found blackgreen too dark and Tamiya duff a good contrast to Tamiya olive green. As it turned out, the green was ok on the model, but duff was too light. Better luck next time. But I sure will build another nile valley camo a/c, maybe an egyptian MIG-21.

And I have to admit that that I am only fully satisfied with the F-100. So maybe I should spend more pocket money on paint.

Volker

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kampartiger said:

Lovely Israeli Mirage.I see you have changed the business end of the Mirage IIICJ Shahak. Was the Atar 9C engine nozzel included in the Eduard's box too?

It is a resin part included in the "Shachak" boxing. You have to saw the kit part off. Fit was perfect!

4 hours ago, VolkerR. said:

So maybe I should spend more pocket money on paint.

Money?

Not sure about that, but Isreli colors are really hard to mix... I failed once miserably...and did not try again

.. :(

But generaly I mix them myself a lot.... 

Edited by exdraken