1/18 - Bell UH-1B/C Huey by Hobby Boss (Merit plastic) - released

Homebee

I confess to being confused. I looked up the Merit 1/18 UH-1B and found that it's a pre-assembled model of the helicopter. Trumpeter, on the other hand, apparently produced a 1/18 UH-1B kit. Might the new Hobby Boss kit be a Trumpeter rebox?

I just pre-ordered one from a vendor in Belgium.

Priced at 61,60 Euro's.

That's not  bad.

I'm not sure if I shall go with the kit's markings.Mess up one of those teeth decals and the whole look is ruined.

Most likely I shall build it in "Museum condition" with straight forward US-markings.

They made the same mistake as with the Me 262 decals : " Hobby Boos".

But it's correct with the Fw 190 kit.Odd !

I already build the 1/18 th Dauntless and Me 262.

Bought the Fw 190 last week and now the UH.

Edited by Erwin

• 4 weeks later...

The rotorhead looks quite basic for such a big model. Surprised it has the wire cutter since these weren't around in 'Nam. What would a 1/18 Huey go with? 21st Century made a 1/16 UH-1.

3 hours ago, busnproplinerfan said:

The rotorhead looks quite basic for such a big model. Surprised it has the wire cutter since these weren't around in 'Nam. What would a 1/18 Huey go with? 21st Century made a 1/16 UH-1.

I’m sure this was originally sold as a finished display model. It’s definitely more of a toy; it looks like the cockpit doors will swing open and the main cabin doors appear to be able to slide open as well.

3 hours ago, VMA131Marine said:

I’m sure this was originally sold as a finished display model. It’s definitely more of a toy; it looks like the cockpit doors will swing open and the main cabin doors appear to be able to slide open as well.

It likely is, need a big desk.

• Like 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/18 - Bell UH-1B Huey by Hobby Boss (Merit plastic) - UH-1B released - UH-1B/C release November 2021
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/18 - Bell UH-1B/C Huey by Hobby Boss (Merit plastic) - released