Eduard 1/72 Grumman Hellcat II

Morning all,

Bringing my finished total for the year into double figures is the wonderful Eduard Hellcat. One of my favourite kits, this has been finished as a Mk II in the colours of 808 NAS from the dual profipack boxing. Hataka Orange Line paints were used throughout bar a touch of Alclad on the engine, with a light coat of W&N Galeria Matt varnish to finish for that satin sheen. 

49836938077_65f6ef98bb_o.jpg1/72 Eduard Grumman Hellcat II by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

49836096393_6f3b114d8b_o.jpg1/72 Eduard Grumman Hellcat II by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

49836937862_54339cfe6a_o.jpg1/72 Eduard Grumman Hellcat II by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

49836937747_f8f03d1ddd_o.jpg1/72 Eduard Grumman Hellcat II by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

49836637946_eca0861fac_o.jpg1/72 Eduard Grumman Hellcat II by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

Thanks for looking, comments welcomed as ever

Shaun

• Like 53

Many thanks for the positive feedback, much appreciated :)

17 hours ago, viperchief said:

Beautiful! I love the subtle panel lines...what did you use?

12 hours ago, VG 33 said:

Hi

Really spot on Shaun.

What did you use inside the panel lines?

Cheers.

Patrick

2 hours ago, Dunny said:

Beautiful finish - congratulations! :clap2:What was your panel line wash? 

The panel lines received a wash of MIG Productions Neutral Wash. I didn't want to go too light with them, and too dark would have seen them lost against the dark sea blue, so I went straight down the middle. Neutral is my go to wash for most applications.

Thanks again,

Shaun

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...