Revell UH-1D SAR help

Mr Ferguson

Hello all,

I recently brought this kit with a view to making as Vietnam conversion diorama. I've managed to find some crew figures and some mounted M60s. 

I am really struggling to find any decals for the Air Cav 1/9th Vietnam era. Can anyone help? 

I have seen a few, but none of them are what I'm after, I contacted the chap from. Fireball model works but he said he no longer does 1/72 Heli stuff.

Any help would be great, it's my first go at trying to make something that's not what it's intended to be. 

Thank for any help or advice on this.

Thank you! 

I was hoping to see some after market decal sheets but it seems like there isn't much out there. I've contacted Werner's wings too see if he does any options. 

Hoping someone somewhere can help! 

Thanks for your reply. 

I have been looking and I think my options are to get a couple different ones, such as a OH-58 Kiowa one, a blackhawk one and maybe a generic USAF numbers and letters set. 

I think this project will be the most challenging one yet! Can't wait to get started. I love the Huey and want to do it justice. 

Print Scale do a Vietnam Huey sheet with 11 choices,( but does not include 1/9 Air Cav).

Code no. is PSL 72019 and is available at Hannants.

Wulfman

PS. Includes early and late Army, Marines and Navy schemes.

Edited by Wulfman
PS

Thanks for the tip! I think I have sourced some decals from a mind member on here. I have took receipt of the 1/72 viet Cong and US special forces Italeri figures. 

I wasn't sure of the shade of olive drab so I've gone with Humbrol 155 Olive Drab Matt and Humbrol 66. Will test both and see which I am happy with. 

Doing my research to hopefully get the markings correct!

Thanks again