Hasbro Hero Millennium Falcon Question?

s605r7k.jpg

Hi, I'm finally getting around to glueing and painting this thing after sourcing parts and materials. I have primer, AS-20 and have just bought some adhesion promoter as I've heard that this plastic can be a bit of a nightmare for paint not sticking to it.

That got me thinking about glue, is there any type of glue that is best to use on this plastic or will standard model glue be suitable?

Thanks!

Edited by Viper78

• 2 weeks later...

The adhesion promoter is a must on the plastic.  I used a hot glue gun when I started mine, I have the Randy Cooper resin upgrade set so a lot of cutting and carving to start with.  If I remember correctly CA (superglue) works okay too.

1 hour ago, Madmonk said:

The adhesion promoter is a must on the plastic.  I used a hot glue gun when I started mine, I have the Randy Cooper resin upgrade set so a lot of cutting and carving to start with.  If I remember correctly CA (superglue) works okay too.

Hi and thanks for the reply.

I am glad I have bought the adhesion promoter, I'd hate to put in a lot of effort for nothing. I decided to go for Loctite All Plastics super glue and I just bought an old built mpc/Ertl cutaway Falcon kit so I can use the sidewall as they seem to fit this model quite well although there will be some more detailing to be added.

• Like 1