Harrier serials/letters in 1/48

daryl_five_zero

Hi all. 

Im planning on starting a 1/48 Harrier GR9 soon, and was planning on modelling a certain aircraft (ZG511/82)

After a quick search, I haven't been able to find a decal sheet that covers this particular Harrier, so I figured I'd make the serials and tail no. off of other sheets. 

I've gotten by with previous builds in 1/72 with the Xtradecal Letters/Numerals etc. sheets, but for the life of me, I can't find anything in their range that covers what I need! Does anybody know of a sheet either by Xtradecal or another company that offers the right size letters in 1/48 scale? If I'm wrong, please somebody step in and let me know, but I believe it's 6" letters and numerals in Black for the fuselage serials, and 8" numerals in White for the tail number. 

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated! 

Thanks, 

Daryl 

Hi Daryl,

Your sizing is right. It may be worth tracking down the old AIRframe 'Harrier End of Era' decals which covers those aircraft which flew in Kestrel Formation back in December 2010 - hard to believe that is 9+ years ago! All serials and fin numbers covered except 8. Let me know if you need any help via PM, I may have spares for what you need. You'll also note below that I'm part way through a model of ZG511/82; and have been for a few years!

Cheers

Nick

Edited by NG899
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, kingcanberra said:

Model Alliance sheet 48102 includes ZG512/83 as a GR.7, but also has the 1 and white 2 from other aircraft

Fantastic, this is exactly what I needed. Sourced and ordered! Thanks. 

Thanks for the help, gents. Both really appreciated! 

Daryl.