Mitsubishi T-2 CCV

hi all,

This is my model of the Hasegawa 1/48 Mitsubishi T-2 CCV.

Apart from the additional items in the standard kit, such as the canard surfaces, i added Reskit exhausts, Royale Resin wheels, Finemold pitot tubes, and Platz stenciling decals (all of which are superb, especially the exhausts), as well as many minor changes to panels lines and the cockpit interior. I'm sure you will also notice the scratchbuilt electronics cover in the rear cockpit too.

The kit itself went together okay, but the fun started with the old and very fragile Hasegawa decals. They shattered on contact with water, so i decided to paint the Hinomaru and red stripes, which wasn't too hard to do. However, the CCV tail lettering was a challenge. I managed to get the kit decals on in one piece but they were yellow rather than white. I was living with this until they came off when i removed some masking tape after spraying the exhaust area, so i ended up masking and spraying the white lettering too, carefully protecting the TRDI and large red letters. The serial was replaced with Platz items.

At the end of the day, i am pleased with the slightly worn looks and accuracy of the finished model, but it was more of a challenge than i thought it would be at the start of the project.

hope you like it

Andy

Mitsubishi-T-2-CCV-1.jpg

Mitsubishi-T-2-CCV-2.jpg

Mitsubishi-T-2-CCV-3.jpg

Mitsubishi-T-2-CCV-4.jpg

Mitsubishi-T-2-CCV-5.jpg

Mitsubishi-T-2-CCV-6.jpg

Mitsubishi-T-2-CCV-7.jpg

Mitsubishi-T-2-CCV-8.jpg

• Like 43

Hi Andy,

finally finished! And it turned out again a great Job. 

The T-2CCV will always remind me of our funny encounter with the Museum Clerk at Kakamigahara

"The answer is "No!"

My Platz 1/72 kit is still waiting...

cheers,

Norbert

Thanks for the compliments guys.

I forgot to mention the help from Mike at Clifton Curios in matching the orange paint for the stripes to the decals. Great job from a great model shop

Andy

6 minutes ago, glyn said:

I wondered where you had gone Andy.

Nice model of a scheme i have not seen before.

So what is next?

Glyn

Hi Glyn,

I have been busy over the last few weeks fending off the virus. Luckily, it wasn't a bad case, but still very debilitating, even now. Wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

Anyway, I have managed to get that one done now ( the original is in the Gifu museum) and I am not sure what I fancy next.

My stash is a bit small as you know, but I fancy something quick, so maybe the X-2 Shinshin from Anigrand in 1/72

Hope you are well

Andy

• Like 1

Andy

Just checked my books and although i visited Gifu museum i have not seen that airframe.Though i cant remember the year.I suspect it is when you were there and it rained loads.

Glyn

1 hour ago, glyn said:

Andy

Just checked my books and although i visited Gifu museum i have not seen that airframe.Though i cant remember the year.I suspect it is when you were there and it rained loads.

Glyn

It only went on show at the musuem late last year Glyn

1 hour ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Andy, great build and impressive work on the painted markings.

Whetstone? I was born on Blaby, near the Bakers Arms, and grew up in Wigston. 

Get well soon and keep them coming.

Only a mile up the road Pete. The Bakers is still going stong

Thanks for all the nicve comments everyone

Andy

• Like 1

Great model that brings back some good memories of our Japan trip that seems so far away at the moment.

Slowly I start missing the traveling.

Don't you use Micro liquid decal film on those old decals? Anyhow painted they look so much better.

Coming back very slowly to the hobby I hope to do my T2 as good as yours in the end but first it's the ACM Starfighter.

Happy that the score for the virus is Andy 1, virus 0.

I hope everybody stays healthy.

Thomas

Thanks Thomas.

I did use some Micro decal film on the kit decals I needed, but luckily, there were only a few of them, as I either painted the rest or used the superb Platz decal sheet.

I am sure your T-2 will be better than this one, when it is finished of course 😉.

Keep up the good work on the Starfighter and don't worry about travel. I suspect our next trip will be to Japan in July next year!

Andy

My word, what a beautiful build and a most eye-catching scheme!  Absolutely no evidence of your decal problems either.

That would be a standout in anyone's display.  Brilliant! 😛👍👍

Very nice and interesting model!!

Pity about your decal issues! Is that such an old boxing?  I did a F1 last year from the standard boxing, and had no issues what so ever!!

Glad you are fine by the way!